GO!

Affordable good quality food for Maine Coon

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Cupido

energizer kitty

Purred: Sat Apr 25, '09 11:40am PST 
Hi
I have a 6 month old doll Cupido maine coon
He had a stomach problem on solid gold and wellness
since hes recuperated hes now on canned natures balance duck and pea and before grain chicken dry
His coat is georgous and hes a wiseguy again

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/titianbeta/0goo d.jpg[/IMG]
[notify]

Cupido

energizer kitty

Purred: Fri May 8, '09 9:46am PST 
I have a coon kitten
He had a g/i problem and I now have him on
Before grain chicken dry
he is able to eat it with no problems

Before Grain Chicken Cat Ingredients:
Chicken Deboned, Chicken Meal, Potato Dehydrated, Turkey Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols - a source of Natural Vitamin E), Sweet Potato Dehydrated, Dried Egg, Natural Flavor, Yeast Culture, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lysine, Sea Salt, Alfalfa, Salmon Oil, Choline Chloride, Acai Berry Dried, Blueberry Dried, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Rosemary Extract, Taurine, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Chondroitin Sulfate, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chicory Root, Marigold Extract, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Enterococcus Faecium, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin E Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Amino Acid Complex, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3, Niacin, Lecithin, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Amino Acid Complex, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite.

Before Grain Chicken Cat Guaranteed Analysis:
Protein 36.0%; Fat 18.0%; Moisture 11.0%; Fiber 3.0%.

Before Grain Chicken Calorie Content:
3780 kcal/kg - one pound provides 1719 kcal of metabolizable energy. One cup (100 grams) provides 409 calories.
Price: $15.99
[notify]

Diva

What the mess- are you doing?!

Purred: Fri Oct 9, '09 8:43am PST 
I have two Maine Coon's as well, and my two eat Honest Kitchen and Evo. I mix the Honest Kitchen's Prowl fresh for every meal, and I mix Innova Evo wet cat food with it and my two are healthier and more beautiful than I think I have ever seen any cat!
[notify]

Sprinkles

NO I will NOT- shut up

Purred: Sat Oct 10, '09 8:59am PST 
royal canin isn't that great. Try felidae.
[notify]

Panda

the luckiest cat- in town

Purred: Sat Oct 10, '09 11:38am PST 
i HIGHLY recommend taste of the wild if youre looking for dry food. I have 3 cats and foster and feed all my cats this. The thing i like about it most is that it's grain free and for all life stages. I tried Natural Balance but it was more expensive and i think taste of the wild is just as good. I am in no way a cat nutrition expert, i just asked for advice on this forum since i have 3 cats and cannot afford to feed them the most expensive. good luck.
[notify]

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 10:14am PST 
Yes I would like to respond.....We have a beautiful black Maine Coon cat that up until now (13 years) has been kind of finicky about his eating. When we recently bought ROYAL CANIN Dry Cat Food for him, I have NEVER seen a cat dig in so fast to his food! He ate ALL of what we gave him. Every time before when I would feed him he picked and picked and cried...Now...Praise the Lord, we finally found a food he LOVES and will eat that is excellent for his breed. If I were you mam,I would stick to Royal Canin. Our cat's nutritionist at Petsmart told us to imagine ourselves liking or not liking a food; Our bodies respond to really good quality food and so do our animals. I liked that answer. I know that Royal Canin is VERY expensive, but now, there is no other food I will even think of buying for Bubba. That, of course, is just my opinion. Donna Gingrassocat on moonsmile
[notify]

~Honey~

Forever loved. I- keep her in my- heart.

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 6:04pm PST 
OMGosh! This not cool to drag up a 5 year old post to pust your agenda. So not cool!
[notify]

Sam-E and- Louie Bear

All for one and- one for all!

Purred: Wed Oct 16, '13 5:11pm PST 
My Louie Bear is part Maine Coon, and I'm a little leery about 'breed specific foods'. I am giving him and his brother Sam-E the same food that kept my old cat Gizmo going for years (despite her horrific health problems) Nature's Variety Instinct canned food. No, it's not cheap, but it's a lot cheaper than taking the boys to the vet. Since this is imported (we are in Canada) I found a good Canadian brand that they will also eat--Go! Natural.
Since these boys have to stay healthy...I'm giving them only a few bits of dry food.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2