GO!

Warning: Variety Pet Foods Homestyle Recipe Cans

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Purred: Fri Feb 13, '09 7:12pm PST 
The company is called Variety Pet Foods, but the cans were labeled "Homestyle Recipe" and they were called things like "Grandma's Casserole", "Sunday Brunch" etc etc.... The cans were pop top cans so no can opener necessary..... the company rep only wants to speak to me via telephone and since I don't have a phone that isn't happening..... shrug

Variety Pet Foods also makes a food called "Mixables" which is a topper you can add to kibble.. if I remember the ingredients were less than desirable..
[notify]

Purred: Fri Feb 13, '09 7:32pm PST 
I will definitely stay away from that stuff!
[notify]

Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Purred: Fri Feb 13, '09 11:51pm PST 
Woo, scary. I Googled mineral supplements and microwaving but couldn't find anything. I sure hope it's not little metal chunks in the food.

Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Bart eats the jagged metal Krusty-O.eek
[notify]

Cooper

SNOW BABY

Purred: Sat Feb 14, '09 1:00pm PST 
hmmm... i've never heard of them. they must not sell it around here. i would be leary of a company that doesn't want to email you (put it in writing). keep us up to date!

dog

Edited by author Sat Feb 14, '09 1:01pm PST

[notify]

Scout

Give me a kiss!!

Purred: Thu Feb 19, '09 2:52pm PST 
Yikes!! I bought some of the "Grandma's Crock Pot" a few weeks ago!! I'll be sure to stay away from it until we know what's up!! eekeekeek Thanks for the warning Gunner!
[notify]

Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Purred: Thu Feb 19, '09 5:51pm PST 
The company doesn't want to speak to me via email only on the phone. ...
[notify]

Scout

Give me a kiss!!

Purred: Thu Feb 19, '09 6:00pm PST 
thinking That sounds fishy! I think I'll just stay away from that food alltogether... the hounds didn't like it that much anyway....confused
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2