GO!

How many of you DSH were adopted from a shelter?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 5 of 6: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Stormy- 2000-2009

Tall, Dark, and- Handsome.

Purred: Thu Oct 30, '08 12:31pm PST 
Nope, Stormy followed me home from the park, with my dog with me, and wasn't afraid.
[notify]

Beverly

I'm not fat- I'm just big- boned!

Purred: Tue Dec 16, '08 9:19pm PST 
Both of mine came from the ASPCA.
[notify]

Morris

Purred: Mon Jan 12, '09 2:46pm PST 
I was adopted from a shelter when I was 8 weeks old. My owners gave me away after a week, and then the new owners gave me away too. Now I am with my forever family. I am a DLH. I am loved very much and spoiled rotten.
[notify]

Riley

Purred: Mon Feb 9, '09 11:24am PST 
I came from a pet store. One of my mommy's friends wanted to buy her a cat, so she took her to the same store where she got her cat. Back then, mommy wasn't as educated on pet stores vs. shelters.

Nonetheless, I was just a baby when my mommy brought me home, and I'm glad she did! The way mommy sees it, all animals need a loving home, no matter where they come from.

Though, mommy does plan to start volunteering at local shelters to help animals who aren't as lucky as I am.
[notify]

Monique

Cute as a- button!

Purred: Tue Mar 24, '09 7:36pm PST 
Hi All,

I too was adopted from the Humane Society. I found my forever home four years ago when I was appoximately 7 years old. I think I am very lucky but my mommy says she's the lucky one because I am the sweetest furbaby!
[notify]

Rosie

My wild rose <3

Purred: Tue May 19, '09 3:28pm PST 
Rosie, Dani, and Kashmir came from a no-kill shelter called Kitty Harbour that is amazing. big grin Carson came from a different no-kill shelter that I'm trying to remember the name of, and so did Quetzal, but Quetzie isn't a DSH. kitty
[notify]

Bagheera

I AM the cat- that walked- alone!

Purred: Wed Jun 17, '09 8:13am PST 
I was adopted from the humane society! I am so glad that my mommy wanted a black cat, because no one else wanted me! I knew that she needed me, so when they stopped by my cage, I batted my paw out and meowed at them, and it worked! I haven't needed to train my humans too much. smile
[notify]

Jack

Big Ball of- Fluff

Purred: Tue Apr 6, '10 9:10am PST 
Jack and Sophie were adopted from an animal shelter!!! But I didn't go to the shelter to pick them out because I wasn't home on that day but I think they made an excellent choice!! kitty dancing
[notify]

Minky Boodle

Beefcake! - BEEFCAKE!

Purred: Mon Apr 26, '10 4:08pm PST 
I was saved from the shelter! I had been in the shelter for two months and it seemed that no one would love me because I wasn't a kitten or unusual-looking. frown But mommy was looking for a gentle boy who would get along with a skittish girl kitty and she was smart to pick me! I've been with my family for nine years now and it's been a very good life. By the way, my former name was Buttercup. Really?!?! I'm so glad my mom had better sense than THAT and gave me a proper manly name. big grin
[notify]

Precious

Don't come to- me, I'll come to- you.

Purred: Thu Jun 10, '10 7:59pm PST 
My previous owner gave me to a shelter last year. My new mommy can't believe that anyone could put someone as beautiful as me into a carrier and drop me off at a shelter.
[notify]

(Page 5 of 6: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6