GO!

How many of you DSH were adopted from a shelter?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 4 of 6: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Sabrina

Purred: Mon Feb 18, '08 6:36am PST 
yep both Salem and I were adopted from the humane societyapplause
[notify]

Zelda

Gimmie the- Treats and No- One Gets Hurt

Purred: Fri Feb 22, '08 7:51pm PST 
I was waking up from surgery when I saw my human pets walk in the shelter. I knew I had to have them, so even though it was uncomfortable I made sure to wave at them through the cages. I picked smart humans since they noticed me.

kittyI'm glad I didn't have to train my humans too much.
[notify]

Frodo

Catnip? THERE IS- CATNIP OVER- THERE??

Purred: Wed Mar 12, '08 4:09pm PST 
i was on death row and my brave big brother saved me! dancing
[notify]

Zara

100% Australian- Kitty

Purred: Mon Apr 7, '08 10:31pm PST 
I was adopted for the local shelter
[notify]

Philbert

Snort!

Purred: Mon Jul 7, '08 9:10am PST 
I was adopted from a shleter too! I was perfect and lovely in everyway....except I had terrible diarreah...and no one wanted that :-( so I was always passed up, or put on hold and then retracted. Luckily my mom fell in love with my beautiful silver stripes and my headbutts and personality and took me home and is working very hard to find out what food she can give me without making me sick!
[notify]

Rosie

My wild rose <3

Purred: Wed Jul 16, '08 3:11am PST 
I was adopted! Me, my daughter, and her adoptive sister Kashmir were adopted from the Kitty Harbour rescue center in Seattle. My first owner was a horrible man that hurt me and just let me roam feral, and since he didn't bother to spay me I got pregnant. When he found out he dumped me in the Eastern Washington sagebrush for coyote food. Luckily I was found before I was eaten! I then spent some time in a foster home where I had my babies. When I was transferred to Kitty Harbour, my friend Amanda adopted me and my daughter, and a month later went back and got Kashmir, during a big adoptathon- there were over 70 cats adopted that day!

My adoptive brother Carson and my sweetheart Quetzal were also adopted, the day before we were, from another independantly owned no-kill rescue group.
[notify]

Philbert

Snort!

Purred: Tue Jul 22, '08 7:13am PST 
I'm sorry I"m posting again, But I wanted to say how lovely Rosie's story is!!! I can't belivee someone dropped off a kitty so sweet and beautiful and PREGGERS to be dog food!! awful!! I"m glad you and your babies have such wonderful loving homes now!
[notify]

Tiger

Mama's Big Boy

Purred: Fri Aug 8, '08 6:57am PST 
I was adopted from a rescue group in Florida. I was there with my brothers and sisters. Mommy wanted to take us all home but daddy said no because they only had a one bedroom apartment at the time. I sure am glad they chose me!
[notify]

Jackson

Jack jack- the prince of- pounce

Purred: Mon Aug 11, '08 6:10am PST 
I was taken from a shelter and sent to a Petsmart with other kitties and kittens. My Meowmie found me there....i'm happy she did....because now I get to eat the YUMMIEST foods and play with the best toys. kitty
[notify]

Jubilee

Princess- Prettypants

Purred: Fri Sep 26, '08 11:19pm PST 
Skeeter and I are both from our local shelter! Our mommy volunteers there and met us both that way. We are so happy to have a loving forever-home!!! dancing

I do not understand why anyone would ever buy a cat when there are so many in shelters who desperately need homes.
[notify]

(Page 4 of 6: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6