GO!

How many of you DSH were adopted from a shelter?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 3 of 6: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Gabby

Queen of Sheba

Purred: Sun Sep 23, '07 5:15pm PST 
I was adopted from the the Jefferson County Humane Society. Mum went in to get a kitten and came home with me. I am glad because I was already four years old and not what most people consider adoptable. I love my home. I have been here for two years and the kids take good care of me. Dad wanted me to be declawed, but Mum said no. I never scratch the carpet or furniture, so Dad doesn't say anything anymore.snoopy
[notify]

♥Pook- ie♥

My Occupation Is- To Be Cute.

Purred: Thu Oct 4, '07 12:48pm PST 
I came from a Bide a Wee Shelter!
cheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheer
[notify]

Kibou

♥ Hope- ♥

Purred: Fri Oct 5, '07 9:00pm PST 
My sister, Venus, and I were both adopted from the Kansas Humane Society. smile My dog siblings, Casey, Taz, Bear, and Cuddles (who is now at the bridge) were all also adopted from shelters.
[notify]

Kiara- Higgins

The mischevious- princess

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '07 11:49am PST 
I wasn't... I was found in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Check my diary for more info.
[notify]

Sapphira

Water, water,- HISS!

Purred: Thu Dec 6, '07 4:55am PST 
Both my brother and me were adopted from the same shelter (we don't know what Thorne is, but I'm a Siamese x DSH cross). Any other brothers or sisters we get will probably be coming from there as well. If not, it'll likely be another shelter. My human is a big fan of adopting animals instead of getting them from a breeder usually (not that there's anything wrong with that).
[notify]

Cole

Anything- Goes

Purred: Sat Dec 15, '07 5:37pm PST 
*raises paw*
[notify]

Bella

DIVA doesn't- even begin to- describe me

Purred: Mon Dec 24, '07 12:48pm PST 
My mama rescued me from a kill shelter. My time was almost up and she saved me!

Marley came from a rescue group. He had it a lot easier than me.
[notify]

Celine

Queen Celine

Purred: Thu Jan 31, '08 1:05pm PST 
I was adopted at PetsMart!!!! applause
[notify]

Tigger

The Tig !

Purred: Thu Feb 7, '08 8:40am PST 
I was adopted from the RSPCA, my sister and I were found as kittens in a hedge. We both weren't there long though, I was picked up the same day as my sister, we both got taken to good homes. I was on my to my new house but I didn't like the car journey at all so I was very vocal which made my owners look in the box and realise they had picked up me instead of my sister (who has white paws !), so I got taken back to the shelter, where my owners to be were. Let's just say there was a mix up in paperwork and I am a boy ok red face . Anyway it all turned out great in the end cheer , but I will never forget my roots !
[notify]

Tiger (In- Loving- Memory,- 5.24.

Always in- our- heart

Purred: Sat Feb 9, '08 10:23am PST 
wave I was adopted!
[notify]

(Page 3 of 6: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  6