GO!

Is this me?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Salt

Purred: Thu Feb 18, '10 10:58am PST 
Since I was a kitten, mom and dad thought I was part siamese and part something else (probably domestic shorthair). This was substantiated by one of the vet techs calling me a flame-point siamese during my first couple of visits. Recently mom and dad were watching Cats 101 on TV and they talked about Colorpoint Shorthair and now they think this is me. Any opinions?
And what does that mean for my littermate/sister Pepper -- she's all black. See my page for a pic of both of us together.
[notify]

Cosmo Star

Cosmo -

Purred: Fri Nov 11, '11 8:09am PST 
Looks like one to me! It's so funny because all colorpoint shorthairs (flamepoint) all look very similar if you google images of clorpoint shorthairs. Mine looks almost exactly like yours and he has big blue eyes. The fact that he has a black colored litter mate is normal. some mothers have litters that have many fathers. A mother can mate with various fathers and use their sperm to fertilize eggs in the mother cat. So maybe your cat's father was siamese and the mother was red tabby? not sure. colorpoints are amazing! have fun!
[notify]

Cosmo Star

Cosmo -

Purred: Fri Nov 11, '11 8:10am PST 
Take a look at my pictures and you will see
[notify]

Purred: Wed Nov 6, '13 5:55pm PST 
Your cat is definitely a flame point (sometimes called a red-point) Siamese. Female flames are fairly uncommon but whether male or females they are always very loving, easy-going and super laid back.

Jan
Siamese Rescue Volunteer
VA Siamese Rescue
kittykitty
[notify]