GO!

Getting a friend for an older cat

If you are wondering what is the right cat for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about purring and learning.

Howie- (1999-2014)

Me, Me, Me!

Purred: Sun May 5, '13 10:14am PST 
My Louie has been gone over a month now, and Howie seems very lonely. He's very demanding of affection from me, but at times just wanders the apartment, I think smelling and looking for Louie. I'm going on a long road trip at the end of June, and I think after that I'll visit the shelter. The vet says a kitten is best so Howie doesn't feel threatened, but the kitty should be a little older, like 4-6 months so it can defend itself. She said a boy is best.

But I wanted to see if anyone had any input on age and sex. I've tried to foster an adult cat and that totally didn't work, so I agree a kitten is best.
[notify]