GO!

Male or Female Ragamuffin kitten?

If you are wondering what is the right cat for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about purring and learning.

Purred: Fri Aug 3, '12 2:23pm PST 
I am new to this place, hi there smile I need some help. I am getting a kitten from a Ragamuffin breeder after over a year of searching and going through shelters and online sites. My sweet kitty Daisy had to be put down over a year ago, and I have missed her ever since. I finally decided on a Ragamuffin because I want a affectionate kitty. So here's the problem. There are a few males and females that I am choosing from, I was almost completely decided on one of the males, but then I got to thinking about size. I want to be able to cuddle with my kitty and have him/her near me. I'd also like to be able to carry said kitty. Male Ragamuffins get pretty huge, I'm thinking maybe I should get one of the females I like because they don't get as big? But I still like the male I wanted? Help? P.S. Daisy was a very small kitty, she didn't like to be held by most people, but I knew how to hold her. And she liked to be on my lap. Maybe I should get a female instead of the male because having a female cat is all I've ever known? (I also have a Parrotlet.)

Edited by author Fri Aug 3, '12 2:25pm PST

[notify]

Lowell

Regional Winner!

Purred: Mon Aug 6, '12 3:38pm PST 
Male cats tend to be more friendly (there are always exceptions), and it seems that you have already picked out your kitty. It shouldn't be a problem to cuddle with a big cat. As for holding, unless you plan to carry your cat around with you all the time, that should be manageable as well. I have a number of very big cats and heft them around trains and cat show halls. Choose the kitty you like best.
[notify]