GO!

Meow Meows breeds & coloring?

If you are wondering what is the right cat for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about purring and learning.

Meow Meows - ADOPTABLE

I am SO sweet &- pretty! ADOPT- ME!!!

Purred: Sun Mar 18, '12 8:14am PST 
I was just curious what you would call Meow Meows coloration? I was also curious what breeds she might be. I know she has to have a breed in her that can have blue eyes. Feel free to look at the pictures on her page and give your input. I know she's probably just a domestic longhair cat, but it's always nice to tell potential adopters what breeds she might be.

Thanks! hug
[notify]

Cruiser

Top 25 Winner- Region 1- 2011-2012

Purred: Sun Mar 18, '12 2:39pm PST 
Not saying she is, but she looks alot like a Siberian. I don't know alot about the breed, to know, if they have blue eyes. I do know they come in all colors. The breeds that have blue eyes, Siamese, Ragdoll, Burmese, she looks nothing like them. I also know, Siberians are very very expensive, if she is one, someone paid alot alot of money for her. Hope she finds a good home. waveway to gohug

Sorry, meant to give you this link. big grin

http://siberiancats.us/

Edited by author Sun Mar 18, '12 2:41pm PST

[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Sun Mar 18, '12 6:32pm PST 
Cruiser!!!!!!! We don't have blue eyes!!! Anyway, Meow Meows favors a Siberian, sure, but also Birman or ragddoll. But (s) he is probably DMH or DMH, with some Siamese somewhere plus some just-cat with longer fur. Color looks to be Lynx Point, and very pretty. For adoption purposes, call her LynxPoint Longhair. smile
[notify]

Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

So many toys, so- little time.

Purred: Sun Mar 18, '12 9:01pm PST 
Burmese do not have blue eyes. American Burmese have gold eyes. European Burmese have amber or gold eyes.

There are several breeds that have blue eyes: Siamese, Ragdolls, Birmans, Balinese, Colorpoint Shorthairs. Some Japanese Bobtails, some Tonkinese, some Ragamuffins, some Persians (Himalayan division). Some breeds such as Siberians, La Perms, Cornish Rex, Devon Rex, Sphynx are accepted in all colors and pointed cats with blue eyes may appear and be accepted.

Meow Meow is a very pretty lynx point Domestic Longhair. Technically any cat who's background is unknown or uncertain is a Domestic Shorthair, Mediumhair, or Longhair respectively. The pointed gene is in the Domestic population, mostly from the popular Siamese before the days spay and neuter became the norm. Domestics may sometimes resemble purebreds, but only purebreds will breed true to type. Most cats do not have a breed like the dog word. Only about 5% of cats are registered purebreds.
[notify]

Cruiser

Top 25 Winner- Region 1- 2011-2012

Purred: Thu Mar 22, '12 3:07pm PST 
Sorry, mol, meant Burmin, mol. Birman, Burmese, way to close, when my mommy is rushing to do a post, and took the time to find the Siberian site, when suppys is ready, mol. laugh out loudwaveway to go

Pandora, ya best tell little Rory, he best put his A++++++ game on, if he is going against the big man, in Garden State, mol, mol, mol. laugh out loudbig laughwaveway to gohugkissing
[notify]

max

here to help

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '12 9:50pm PST 
Its most definitely not a Cornish rex
[notify]

max

here to help

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '12 9:51pm PST 
I mean uh.. I'm just saying
[notify]

max

here to help

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '12 9:55pm PST 
Fur wise. Probably not a Cornish Rex. No offense we have long hair curly coats. Its just..they...have curls
[notify]