GO!

Why Do People Go To Breeders?

If you are wondering what is the right cat for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about purring and learning.

(Page 10 of 12: Viewing entries 91 to 100)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  
Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Tue Dec 7, '10 3:41pm PST 
Boo Boo, I was not at all, picking on you, mol, sorry if it came across that way, it was absolutly, not my intention. wave

When people write long posts, which Bump does too, mol, sometimes I forget, what was in the post, and sometimes who even wrote it, mol, I actually didn't even remember it was you, mol. laugh out loud

And yes, its possible I mis understood what you were saying, it was quite a challenge getting home last night, due to the severe weather, and actaully, I think what happened, is I got the above sofa post, mixed up, with another post, in a different section. Person was asking about declawing, because she didn't want her furniture ruined, because as he/she put it, why should he/she have to live with ruined furniture, or something to that effect. That one, Bump ain't even gonna touch, that one, would get him in trouble for sure, mol, I can just see him getting suspened from after school activities on that one, mol. laugh out loud

As far as the FIV, it can be a false positive, and it depends on what test they used, one is better than the other, and if the cat tests positive, the cat should be retested in a few months, or something to that effect, without looking it up, cannot remember for certain. big grin
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Tue Dec 7, '10 8:39pm PST 
Yes, what I meant was that in my case, at least, it's not just about saving kitty lives, but about finding a companion animal (in my case, plural!). Of course, there is give and take, and I've been lucky with the cats I've "rescued," but I would not be happy with any cat, moggy or purebred, who had a totally feral nature. I don't need sloppily affectionate kitties, and all cats are aloof at least some of the time, but I do want a cat as a companion animal. Someone like Kaya Skye has infinite patience with the ferals she rescues, and I admire her greatly for that. I'm not quite so patient (although it does sound like her rescued kitties all end up being pretty friendly).
[notify]

♥- Roxy- ♥

Polydactyl Maine- Coons Rule!

Purred: Wed Dec 8, '10 4:25pm PST 
It's funny because really most of my pets were not planned, I didn't decide I wanted a dog or cat and then go look for one to adopt. In most of the cases they found me, and adopted me. laugh out loud That's probably why it was so difficult after I lost my two dogs (sorry to get OT here) and wanted to get a dog, I wasn't used to actively LOOKING for a dog and I found it difficult to choose, because I was used to them either just showing up (strays/feral) or someone calling me and asking if I could take in a dog/cat (usually friends or friends of friends...) I'm not sure why I didn't have the same trouble when looking for Roxy as I did when looking for a dog, maybe it was because the decision on Roxy was ultimately my brother's so the pressure wasn't on as much, not sure...
[notify]

kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Mon Dec 13, '10 11:23am PST 
i just kind of take a "whatever state they're in, therein be content" approach to cats. at least, as long as they're not in distress or ill. i think i have cats so i can meet their needs more so than so they can meet mine. which meets a need to be needed, perhaps...but my payoff is their health and safety and happiness. the friendship and affection? you can't expect that. it's lagniappe. sweet when it comes, but not a return on an investment by any means.
i think i might have been a priestess in a temple of Bast in a previous life...kitty
[notify]

Hermoine

play 23 hours a- day!

Purred: Sat Dec 18, '10 11:09pm PST 
To me the cat as a companion is most important. I admire all you fosterers and so forth, but personally I would never do it. (Though I have been close to fostering an odd Corgi here and there. It has not been recently.) It is very honestly for me. I am happy to share my home with three great buddies. I do not want a really aloof cat. Strangely I think my dog is the most aloof of all my critters. smile

I have a purebred rescue Corgi (dog), a rescue cat and a purebred Savannah (cat).

--des
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Thu Jan 6, '11 3:34pm PST 
I have a feral rescue and two shelter rescue cats. My shelter cats have grooming issues and one bites a lot this is all probably related to being separated from Momma too early. Those are issues you avoid with purebreds, granted it's a good breeder but that's not the point. I can't believe there's been 10 pages of excellent cat owners, the best of the best from the advice ive seen them give... over a half cocked question like that. I'm pretty ruffled!
My next cat will hopefully be a purebred Scottish Fold (if I can find a SH foldie ear kitten!) and do you know why? I like the way they look like fuzzy owls.

There's yer answer. Fuzzy owls. Oh and gosh Maru the cat is my favorite Internet cat ever.
[notify]

Lowell

Regional Winner!

Purred: Thu Jan 6, '11 4:57pm PST 
Oh, I do SO want a longhaired Scottish Fold, white with a dash of red...and I know a Scottish Fold breeder that I see at cat shows...no, no, I have too many cats as is, I must control myself.

And yes, that's exactly why I want one. They look like fuzzy owls.
[notify]

jadyn liana- macavity-bla- ck

god heard, god- answered, the- mystery cat

Purred: Thu Jan 6, '11 5:58pm PST 
ALL cats can look like owls, in the right pose...val (last poster, Lowell's human) your Lola/Leila often looks like an owl. Maine Coons have a particular talent for owlishness, because of the feathery fur...my runaway darling Rhymon (sigh...cry ) could do a KILLER owl impression.
And apropos of nothing...except that Val alluded to my "patience" with ferals...i do get cranky. (i'm 'kaya skye'...usually known as that, as i post most often as my oldest) But I'm posting as Jadyn so y'all can take a look-see at her motto. If i had gotten paid for holding that kitten as much as she demanded to be held when she was tiny, I would have earned between ten and twenty hours of overtime a week. thus, Jadyn's motto. She nearly drove me mad...laugh out loud
[notify]

Chibi

Proud mother of- the Gang of- Four!

Purred: Fri Jan 7, '11 2:42am PST 
Now that Chibi's three and has had a litter, she's nice and plump and getting shaggier and shaggier. SHE really looks like an owl now.

Lowell's "human"--if you can call me human...I may have some reptilian blood...
laugh out loud
[notify]

Florya

Purred: Mon Feb 18, '13 8:05am PST 
Hello,

I am a member of The Angora Cat Association, Ankara (Turkey). I saw some of members told something about The Turkish Angoras. One of you noticed well that Ankara Zoo cats look quite different from the Angoras you see in cat shows. Well, it's truth, The Turkish Angora in USA and Europe is different but not due to selective breeding. ın creating The Turkish Angora in USA unknown cats (includes Siamese) were used in early development of the breed.
Today Angora in Turkey and Angora in USA are two different breeds.

You still can see many Turkish Angoras living in the streets of Turkey. They are not so rare like someone wants you to think!

For more information I would recommend to check out this website: http://www.turkishangoracat.org/Default.aspx

Our Association is independent organization not affiliated with cat fancy or any particular individuals. Our research aims to improve lives of stray Angoras in Turkey and challenge various lies and misconceptions.

Anybody can contribute for our project.

Kind Regards from Turkey.
[notify]

(Page 10 of 12: Viewing entries 91 to 100)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12