GO!

when is the right time to adopt a new cat?

If you are wondering what is the right cat for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about purring and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Min (In- Loving- Memory)- 03-07

Momma\'s Angel.

Purred: Sun Mar 16, '08 5:37pm PST 
Congratulations on your new addition! big grin

Min passed away in August '07 and I didn't get another cat until December '07. We tried fostering a few weeks after Min's passing, but it didn't work out. We thought we should just live with our current kitty (Jay) for awhile. We think Jay was getting lonley and missing the company of another cat, so in December we got Lucy. But like you, no one can replace Min. cloud 9

Edited by author Sun Mar 16, '08 5:38pm PST

[notify]

♠- KILLER- ♠

DIVA with a- heart of gold!

Purred: Mon Mar 17, '08 5:12am PST 
CONCATS!!!applause us 3 girls and the 2 angel boys already stopped by to make boss and roosevelt at homebig grin. as an aside mommy said you're braver than her. she would never let daddy name us. not sure what they'd have ended upthinking. he wanted killer to be bettie for bettie page. morticia was going to end up matilda or mrs. butterworth. spike would've been smelly. so mom vetoed and said she'd do the naming MOLlaugh out loud . but seriously concats. for those of us who had our cats for a long time, we forget what it's like in the beginning. you know intros and such, so hang in thereway to go. boss may end up mommy's cuddle bug before you know it (the shy 1's usually aresmile ) roosevelt may end up being more laid back. but glad to see your mommy made new furry furiends!! you left quite a void mow! she needed 2 cats for company after you passedhail !

Edited by author Mon Mar 17, '08 5:15am PST

[notify]

Greta (now- in kitty- heaven)

I am the QUEEN- OF THE HOUSE!

Purred: Tue Mar 18, '08 12:35pm PST 
Y'know it's funny....mama misses my brofur and wants so very very very much to add anofur kitty to our home....especially a special needs one. But I am a jealous girl and would rather she not do so. She discovered that I am considered a "senior citizen" (I'm 8 years old) and now thinks I might be mellowing out. In our case, because mama and me are Christians we are waiting on God as to when (if ever) we will adopt. So for us it is just a matter of knowing what to do from God and when.

Edited by author Tue Mar 18, '08 12:38pm PST

[notify]

Gordo

If it moves, I'm- on it!

Purred: Wed Mar 19, '08 12:18am PST 
Congrats on adopting your new boys! It's not too soon, you know in your heart when you are ready to adopt, and you were! I adopted Gordo just a month after Tomasina passed away. I wasn't planning on adopting that soon, but am so glad I did. His kitten antics have helped give me a little ray of sunshine on days when I was feeling overwhelmed with grief from losing my other babies. Besides, it's great that you have room in your heart and home to take in two new homeless kitties!
Don't worry about them being boys. My boys are a bit more 'physical' than the girls - they love to wrestle a lot! But they are just as loving and affectionate as the girls. In fact, the boys seem to form stronger bonds with their brothers than the girls do with each other. Also, you shouldn't have a problem with them spraying if they've been neutered. At least, it won't smell like 'tomcat' if they do have an 'accident'. wink
[notify]

Precious- -Rest now- baby. SMIB

MEEEE!!!!!

Purred: Tue Apr 1, '08 3:18pm PST 
i experienced the same thing after I had to PTS my kitty Precious. We thought for a while that we wanted another dog, to be a companion to my dog. Then after a week or so, it became fairly obvious that we are a 1 dog, 1 cat family. So began the search for a new kitty, one young enough to become acclimated to the dog easily. We found a family with a litter of kittens they were looking to find homes for, and lo and behold, this Sunday we picked up Stitch. A kitten is quite a different experience than an 18 year old cat, but we're learning. We still love Precious, and remember her every day. But it was time for a new addition.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2