GO!

So many breeds . . .

If you are wondering what is the right cat for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about purring and learning.

Purred: Thu Feb 22, '07 10:26pm PST 
I'd never realized there were so many breeds of cats. (they all look so beautiful. It'll probably be two years or so before I can get a cat, but I'ld like to learn about all the different breeds. I especially think the domestic long haired cats are just gorgous. (Now granted, when I do get my kitty, I'll pick one from the shelter or a rescue based on the purrsonality that would best suit me and my house, but is there any basic information that I'd need to know? For example, I know dogs more than cats and certain dog breeds are better suited for different homes (some dogs need more exersise, some dogs bond with one person only ect). So I'm all ears to hear about your kitties!
[notify]

Charlie

I live to drive- mom nuts!

Purred: Fri Feb 23, '07 11:17am PST 
Well, I am a Bengal and I have lots of energy. I can be very vocal and need lots of attention. I also like to be up high so if you see me climbing you'll know why.
Bengals can have spots, marble textures and are very soft. Some are dark and some are light. There are snow bengals too. I play fetch and also like to play in water.
I am very good with children and just love my attention. I hope you like what you see!

-Charlie
[notify]

Charlie

Purred: Fri Feb 23, '07 11:17am PST 
Well, I am a Bengal and I have lots of energy. I can be very vocal and need lots of attention. I also like to be up high so if you see me climbing you'll know why.
Bengals can have spots, marble textures and are very soft. Some are dark and some are light. There are snow bengals too. I play fetch and also like to play in water.
I am very good with children and just love my attention. I hope you like what you see!

-Charlie
[notify]

Charlie

Purred: Fri Feb 23, '07 11:19am PST 
Oops double post, did I mention I am crazy? big laugh
[notify]

Purred: Sat Feb 24, '07 2:09am PST 
Wow, you are really pretty. it'll probably be two or more years before I get a cat, but when I do, i want one that likes lots of attention. I already own a velcro-dog, so a attention craving cat would suit be just fine. In fact I just love to be bugged by a furry little head begging for attention!
[notify]

Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

So many toys, so- little time.

Purred: Sat Feb 24, '07 11:05pm PST 
Hi! I am a European Burmese. My breed is known for very affectionate, people-orientated, "dog-like" personalities. I even like to play fetch. Our breed nicknames include "the dog cat" and "velcro kitties". I love "helping" Mom with everything and being with her (or on her lap). I am also very playful and energetic and love good play sessions!
[notify]

Mr. Ralph Arnold

Purred: Mon Feb 26, '07 1:41am PST 
Hi,

I am a Persian. I am extremely loving, quiet and docile. I follow my Mom around everywhere when I'm not sleeping. I'm very little "trouble" except that I have to be brushed at least once a day and I should have a bath about every 2 weeks. Mom says should because it has been cold and I have had a little cold too. I'm way overdue for a bath. My sister Tabitha is a little more independent and feisty! My buddy Taloola is a Himalayan (Persian too!) and she is pretty much like Tabitha and me. Our other buddy Fraiser is a Ragdoll and he and I are a lot alike. Fraisier doesn't have to be brushed nearly as much as I do though.
[notify]

Pippin

One handsome- devil

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '07 2:30pm PST 
If you get a cat from a shelter you are unlikely to have much breed choice.....the vast majority of cats will be shorthaired mutts. (Not that there's anything wrong with that). However, in my experience Siamese are pretty attached to their person.
[notify]

Marina

Truman\'s Girl

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '07 6:47pm PST 
Hi, I'm a Tonkinese. Our personality is much like the European Burmese, as is the American Burmese, and Siamese. I'm pretty talkative but I wine more than meow. I love to watch water flow from the sink or tub but don't put me in there. I love to roll on the concrete outside but I could never take care of myself if I got away. I'm constantly begging for attention or climbing on something. My favorite place is the kitchen counter or stove. Mommy doesn't like that but she's having a hard time breaking me as I'm pretty stubborn but I give her "the look" and she has to forgive me anything, even if she does still put me on the floor. smile
[notify]

Popper (In- Loving- Memory)

Here I am! Time- to nap

Purred: Tue Mar 6, '07 5:41pm PST 
Hi, im an American short hair/Bombay, I think LOLlaugh out loud
We really don't have any group attitudes , were individual, all of us have different personality's, I like to sleep, bug my owners, and hunt down bugs in are house(my owners like that!)I'm active, thats good since im almost ten years old, I really dont have much to say though...........thinking
[notify]