GO!

Transport Help needed Nov. 18-20, Connecticut to Chicago

This is a special place for Catsters to help Catsters arrange for community transport of rescues or cats being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furrever homes!

Junior- Fluffkins

Let's play. Now.- NOW. I SAID- NOW!!!!

Purred: Wed Nov 16, '11 1:40pm PST 
Hi all,
I've helped with transports in this group in the past and now need help with a transport. Here is the background: Two months ago, a woman up the block was evicted from the house she was renting and left a dozen cats on the street. They wandered to my house because I feed a little clowder of ferals, and for two months I've had 8 abandoned housecats living in my yard. I have made some sort of shelter for them. I first gave them flea treatment and cleaned up some ear problems. I have managed to get them all neutered with some generous help, and they have had rabies shots. One found a great home in Philadelphia (I am in northwestern Connecticut) and an acquaintance on Facebook has agreed to take one. She lives in Wisconsin. So we need to transport Whiskers and hope to do it this weekend so he can get off the street ASAP.

We need help from Youngstown OH through Ohio and Illinois to Chicago. Some help on I-80 in Pennsylvania would also be wonderful. This might end up being a three-day trip but I hope not.

Here is the map http://farclan45.com/whiskers.htm -- if you can help, please respond to the guestbook on that website or email me privately. Thanks very much in advance!!
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Wed Nov 16, '11 7:20pm PST 
Hi Junior! I don't know anyone in particular and I can't help but I made a whole page on my website of companies that do transport and a lot of them are volunteers, they don't charge!
http://ibdkitties.net/travel.html. Maybe someone on this list can help?
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Thu Nov 17, '11 1:31am PST 
I live just north of Chicago and could drive down to northern Indiana and bring her back on Friday or Saturday (not Sunday, though, since I have to work). Let me know!
way to go

Lady

the queen

Purred: Thu Nov 17, '11 7:30am PST 
hey ben, got a pawmail from junior, they want to do the run next weekend, if you can do it next weekend, i live in the south burbs. i could run into ind, and we can meet on the border. if you can do it next weekend, write junior. let them know.
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Thu Nov 17, '11 9:52pm PST 
Next week I'll have family from out of town staying with me for the holiday weekend, so I wouldn't be able to do it then. frown

If the date gets changed again, let me know!

Edited by author Thu Nov 17, '11 9:52pm PST

Junior- Fluffkins

Purred: Fri Nov 18, '11 9:43am PST 
Hi Ben, I really appreciate your offer of help! wavewave Unfortunately, we would be in Chicago are on Sunday after overnight in Indiana somewhere if we went this weekend but we are almost certainly going next weekend. I know you can't help then at all. But thank you anyway!!kitty
[notify]

Junior- Fluffkins

Purred: Fri Nov 18, '11 11:42am PST 
Dear all,
Thank you very much for offering to help but the Catster Mom who was going to adopt the abandoned cat we call Whiskers has withdrawn her offer because the thought I wasn't doing anything to make this transport happen.
cry Poor Whiskers.
[notify]

Smokie Boo- Dreamboat- #104b

Rescued cats- like me are the- best!

Purred: Fri Nov 18, '11 6:14pm PST 
If the person changes their mind, please let us know. Our car got reposessed, but in the past we had friends who did this, and could do websearches to try and find 'cat underground rail roads! We don't want Whiskers to live outside in the cold! Or any of the furs!!! We did and it wasn't fun!
[notify]

Lady

the queen

Purred: Fri Nov 18, '11 9:03pm PST 
junior, did she read this post, or see the map you had in your first post? seems like you did alot to try and make this happen. next weekend might be hard with the holiday, for alot of people, but, the weekend after that might be possible, i could do it if it does not snow. . i sent you link to operationroger, maybe she could go thru them. here is another link, has some info about transporting animals, /good-buddies-grizzled-truckers-transport-rescued-animals-safety. hope this might help. thanks for trying junior.
[notify]