GO!

Elderly woman & 17 cats in path of hurricane

This is a special place for Catsters to help Catsters arrange for community transport of rescues or cats being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furrever homes!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Thu Aug 25, '11 8:02pm PST 
Hi everyone, don't want to panic you. I just need to know if anyone lives anywhere near Tom Rivers NJ. This is right in the path of Irene and a friend of mine is in her late 70's almost 80 and she lives alone with her 17 cats. She is not a hoarder she takes excellent care of them. She's alone and I was wondering if anyone lives close to there so they could check on her at all before or after the storm to make sure they are all okay. She's got plenty of food, batteries, emergency stuff. Even rented a large van to put all the carriers in case she needs to get out. BUT she has nowhere to go if she needs to and won't leave her kitties. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or know anyone near there. Thank you!
[notify]

Sky

Little Prissy- Timid Booty Girl

Purred: Fri Aug 26, '11 5:10am PST 
I wish I was close but in Texas - she could stay with me. Praying someone steps up
to help

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Fri Aug 26, '11 7:16am PST 
Alex, I've got someone that can help. Get in touch with me.
[notify]

Sky

Purred: Fri Aug 26, '11 4:46pm PST 
Thank you BK - so sweet of you.

Patch

Patch - wallpaper- stripper

Purred: Sat Aug 27, '11 4:50am PST 
Good old BK, thats wonderful, let us know how she gets on please xxxxx
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Sat Aug 27, '11 1:02pm PST 
Hi guys! We tried to get her that help from BK's friend but we haven't heard back from her since night before last. I'm assuming and HOPING that because she's on the coastal area that they came and told her she had to leave! She did find a nearby shelter only 6 miles from her I just hope they took her kitties as well because that's the only way she'd go. Which is how we all would be as well so we can't fault her for that! She loves them. But I'll let you all know when I hear from her, I hope she's safe. Thank you all for your prayers & purrs for her. hug
[notify]

Sky

Purred: Sat Aug 27, '11 2:45pm PST 
Yes let us know - we worry so much. My mommy just gets stressed about these things. Purring for all in the storms path

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Sun Aug 28, '11 12:38pm PST 
Hey everybody! She is FINE! She had lost power and also was busy trying to run around her place making sure she had everything she needed should she have to evacuate. She has NO damage to her house at all, she's just very, very tired now. But she's okay!!! I thank you so much BK for you and your friend's help. And thank you all for saying purrs for my good friend Barb. happy dance
[notify]

Sophie

2cute4words

Purred: Sun Aug 28, '11 6:33pm PST 
So happy that she made out ok and that everyone is safe and sound! Been checking the thread all day to see if there was an update. Great news! cheer
[notify]

Buddy Bolden

Happy Cat

Purred: Mon Aug 29, '11 7:00am PST 
WOW....that is wonderpur news.....The Power of Prayer and The Purr comes through again!!

We have been checking this Forum also to see how the lady and her cats were doing.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2