GO!

Deeply Wondering?

This is a special place for Catsters to help Catsters arrange for community transport of rescues or cats being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furrever homes!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Cat In- Backyard

Purred: Wed Aug 18, '10 4:12pm PST 
Well, I've just got this extremely interesting and curious question, which will seem a bit silly. Okay so back in 2003 I got a rescue Maine Coon named Jillybean, she was all black, and then in 2007 I got my first dog, Claire, but we had to give Jilly away (2008) because she was mean too Claire. So, we got another dog in Summer of 09, and in Feb. 2010 we moved - but something strange happenings have been appearing ... we keep seeing this black cat in our yard that looks exactly like Jillybean. I don't have pictures or videos but I just saw the cat 2 times in our yard before. And this has happened in our old house too ...
We didn't move far away from our old house. And we never get replies from Jillybeans owners, they are like 80 or so ...

But could it really be Jillybean? Or is it just an ordinary cat I keep seeing?

Thanks,
Josy
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Wed Aug 18, '10 4:59pm PST 
Cats and dogs have been known to travel hundreds if not thousands of miles and years later show up at their previous owners house! It's well documented. You never know.thinking
[notify]

Cat In- Backyard

Purred: Sat Aug 21, '10 2:33pm PST 
Okay. thinking
Thanks for the answer. wave
[notify]

Reesey

I've Got You- Wrapped Around- My Paw

Purred: Sun Aug 22, '10 7:13pm PST 
Hi, You said you didn't move far away, and the owner's are old? Well then it's very possible, check the cat out, see if it has the same markings and personality as Jilly Bean, if so I wouldn't be surprized if it was him.
[notify]

Cat In- Backyard

Purred: Mon Aug 23, '10 9:32am PST 
wave Hi Reesey

Will do.
Thanks for the suggestions! cheer

Edited by author Mon Aug 23, '10 9:32am PST

[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Tue Aug 24, '10 2:50am PST 
I'm deeply wondering too...why is it, poor Jillybean had to be thrown away after living there after four years; why didn't the brand new dog have to be the one gotten rid of? It seems like this always happens to kitties cry Geez, and we don't even slobber or have to be walked! If it turns out that it iS Jillybean, I surely hope you read here and learn how to work the two in together so she can stay where she wants to be now.
[notify]

Spot

Food and People?- Im standin'- SpotLight

Purred: Tue Aug 24, '10 8:39am PST 
I was wondering that too, but I didn't want to bring up any drama when I was simply posting to answer the question. I think the dog new dog should have been thrown out instead of the long loved cat.
[notify]

Loki

Purred: Tue Aug 24, '10 9:20am PST 
IF it IS Jillybean, you might want to re-evaluate her interactions with the dog. She was probably just trying to establish her place in the hierarchy. It's been my experience that even if it takes a couple months or even years, dogs & cats eventually do work out their own compromises.

IF it is Jillybean, she obviously misses her old family.
[notify]

Ava 4 ever- Mommy's- Angel

Mommy's Angel

Purred: Mon Aug 30, '10 7:50pm PST 
Hi! I was mean to my dog brofur....I got over it after a few crazy months! Just wanted to mess with him to see what I could get away with! Let us know what happens!!!
[notify]

♥- Socko- ♥

Beware the lean- mean sock thief!

Purred: Mon Sep 27, '10 5:26pm PST 
This is very interesting. And yes, it could very well be Jillybean. Have you ever heard about the cat who traveled all the way home all by himself after their masters had lost him on a trip? Either way, you could be in the same situation. It's a mystery how this happens, but I think it has something to do with cats having sensing or something where they get to go to where they need to go or something. Like I said, it's a mystery, no one knows. (I just wish I knew.)
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2