GO!

moving to wyoming by car HELP

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Jessie James

keep that door- open and i wont- hurt you

Purred: Sun Jun 8, '08 1:16pm PST 
my dad takes me up the street to go see grandpa sometimes but he doesnt do it very often because i tend to climb on him i once drove with him all the way to work to pick up his paycheck, i sat on his shoulder and meowed in his ear. he had the window open a little bit but he had me on my leash and i kept sticking my nose out the window. it was a fun ride.... i got to meet some cool people. youd be surprised how many people stop to talk to you when your carrying a cat on your shoulder down town. but im not really that afraid of car rides... i just dont like the carrier. everytime i get put in there i end up going to the vets.
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Tue Jun 10, '08 11:44pm PST 
Well, the way your humans can ease that kind of anxiety is to take you for a 10-15 minute ride in the carrier. Have two humans along for the ride, with one driving and the other keeping the carrier on their lap. That way the other human can "console" you.

When you get back home, the humans should get a favorite treat out right before they release you, and put it down near the carrier, that way as soon as you are let out, it is the first thing you see. If you do this daily, you will grow to tolerate being in the carrier a bit. I still cry in the carrier, but I usually quiet down after a few minutes, when I realize the ride is too long for it to be the vet's office (I am a pretty smart kitty).
[notify]

Jessie James

Purred: Wed Jun 11, '08 1:54pm PST 
i'll admit that im not really the smartest bulb in the bunch, but my dad has the directional skills of a blind rodent. sometimes he eds up going around in circles for half an hour before getting anywhere
[notify]

Binks

Little boy in a- cat suit

Purred: Wed Jun 11, '08 2:03pm PST 
My mom has to make a lot of u-turns. My human sister asks "are we lost?" on a regular basis. To which Mommy says, "no, we're just taking the scenic route so we can be fashionably late." Mommy has lived in this part of the country for seven years and still isn't used to it.

You will do fine on your trip! Good luck. Mommy drove through Wyoming on the way from Atlanta to Washington. It was nice.
[notify]

Sandy Baby- aka Sandia

I wanted to LIVE

Purred: Wed Jun 11, '08 8:33pm PST 
MOL through Wyoming on the way applause

We are getting ready to take a 4 day trip from Arizona to Northern Ohio.

Course we do this every year, Bonnie pukes after 10 miles, we stop and clean it up, then it's pretty quiet as everyone settles down in the gated back end of meow-mom's SUV - We have a temprpetic pad to cushion us, with many small blankets (for when bonnie get's sick!)... Our kitty box is in the kitty hole - Meow-mom said it was suppose to be for groceries to sit in, but it's really our kitty boxes hole laugh out loud

We have a few carriers open in case we want to go in and hide to sleep, but we rarely eat or drink until we stop as it upsets our tummies...

Then we get to go into the motor home and "think" we are staying for a while - till the next day!!!

But before we know it, we'll be in Northern Ohio for 7 long weeks and just when we settle down into our new routine, we'll be off again

Meow-Mom and the traveling 4
[notify]

Jessie James

Purred: Thu Jun 12, '08 12:57pm PST 
my dad has been doing research and he personally thinks that grandma and step grandma arnt going to be to happy with it when they go to visit at the end of summer, but there is always that chance that they will. so he needs to figure out what we have to do. my dad decided that we're gonna stay in the carriers until we stop. because he says he doesnt want to listen to cats hissing all day. she probably will but oh well we'll put her near the bird... they can talk. honestly though i dont think the bird will make the trip.... my dad hates birds with a passion and forest doesnt know when to shut up
[notify]

Bonnie

Bonnie the- Beautiful &- Bonnie Lass

Purred: Tue Jun 24, '08 6:51pm PST 
Well it turned out to be a LONG 5 day drive, BUT Bonnie didn't puke at all - maybe it was the "shave job" we did before we left?

Olive hid in her round Cube almost the whole time, Sandia aka Sandy Baby is a real Traveler!! Open her carrier, tap it and tell her what a good girl she is, and poof - inside she goes! Long as I open the lid after inside, she stays inside almost the entire time.

Lucky Streak sticks his nose in the middle of the barrier and sprawls his "budda belly" out - they only made noise when the freeways were bumpy (UGH and some are AWFUL this summer!!)

Hope your bird learned to get QUIET quickly so he won't get tossed out on his ear MOL

I'm sure after the initial griping about being in the car in their carriers, they will do the "zombie" mode thing smile But the first hour WHEW - wear ear plugs or I found out my cats LOVE hearing Country Western on the radio laugh out loud Not OLDIES - maybve cuz I sing to those - who knew!!

Love to hear how your trip ends up!!! Looking forward to hearing it went pretty dang good
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2