GO!

Pet transport services??

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

Angellus- R.I.P.3APR03- -25JUL13

pooky - loveable- teddybear

Purred: Wed Mar 19, '08 10:40am PST 
Has anyone ever used a pet transport service? either inside the U.S. or internationally? What did you think, and are there any that you would highly recommend?
[notify]

Tommy

Beloved

Purred: Fri Mar 21, '08 7:09pm PST 
My Momma used Cosmopolitan Pet Carriers (I think this is them, now: http://www.caninecarriers.com/). She had a large dog and two kitties moved almost completely across the country and they were just great.

She even had them pick up the dog and kitties from the vet, where she had to board them for a while while she moved herself and two other kitties. Cosmopolitan pet picked them up and delivered them right to her, all the way from Arizona to Washington, DC, and everyone was fine and healthy.

This was a long time ago, it was 1993, so if any other kitties have more current recommendations for you, that's even better. But that's who we used, so long ago.
[notify]

Purred: Fri Mar 21, '08 11:53pm PST 
thank you very much i wrote them to get a quote , one of the other places i got a quote from , gave me a 2300$ estimate i about dropped dead right there. It would cost twice as much to fly kitty there than it would for me to fly there!!! So i'm exploring my options. -sigh-
[notify]

Purred: Tue Mar 25, '08 9:01pm PST 
Well, I have gotten quotes from all the trasport services i could find , I think through 5 or 6 different services and the norm range for an international transport seems to be in the 2300-2700 range. though one quotes me at 6500. I literally gasped and covered my mouth. hehe thats rediculous. i'll post more info on the specific transport companies and how they talk to me and what sort of treatment the pets can be expected to receive. smile
[notify]

Tailer

Tailer - The King of Koo- Koo

Purred: Mon Sep 1, '08 9:12pm PST 
I'm traveling soon, too! Would love an update!!wave
[notify]

Purred: Sat Sep 6, '08 2:12pm PST 
UPDATE: Well Kitty and I are going to be using "JetPets", they are based out of LosAngeles California. I have to pay a littlr extra to get Kitty from here in Montana, to LAX, where they will pick kitty up from the airport and he will get to stay in a "run" until his flight to New Zealand. I am sending kitty ahead of me by two days. He will depart on the 16th and I depart on the 18th. Our quoted price for kitty's ticket was $1100 or so from LAX to Wellington, NZ. and about $200 for the tiny trip from here in Montana to LAX. It could be a bit less than 200, i'm just rounding up. So I have to get kitty's copy of rabies shots and titre test and fill out paperwork for his import permit. As well as reserve his spot at the Quarantine facility. Kitty will be in quarantine in Levin, New Zealand for 30 days. shock I think he will do just fine! maybe he will lose some weight while he's there, the little bugger is 20lbs. So that's where we are as of right now. smile Will definitely be updating after the trip, to give my opinion of this pet transport service. "Jet Pets" http://jetpets.com/03/index.html
[notify]

Martini

I'm the boss!

Purred: Fri Oct 17, '08 10:50am PST 
Hi!!! I'm relocating and need to fly my kitties from Singapore to Delaware... do you recommend jet pets? I will look into them... was your journey successful?
[notify]