GO!

Leaving my baby when I deploy to Iraq

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Achilles

Little guy with- a big heart!

Purred: Mon Jun 11, '07 5:48pm PST 
This is more of a emotional release than it is anything else. I am deploying to Iraq in about 7 weeks and I have to leave my beloved Achilles behind. He will be in excellent hands with my mother while I am overseas, but the guilt is killing me. My deployment is not going to be easy and not being able to come home to him is so saddening for me. Even worse, I am worried about how the separation will affect him. Will he be confused? Will he remember me when I come back a year from now? Even considering that I am risking my life, my only regret in deciding to join the Army is being parted from my animal. Anyone want to comment? No political debates please.
[notify]

Apollo

I may be- "special" but- i'm beautiful- too

Purred: Tue Jun 19, '07 6:46pm PST 
I can't even begin to fathom what you are going through. My Jazzy (RIP) would get angry at me for a few days if I ever went away any where but she never forgot me. I can anticipate Achilles may be a little miffed when you get home but he will NEVER forget you. He will cry and mope when you are gone but as you said he will be in good hands. I hope you return home to you baby safely and God bless big grin
[notify]

♥- Bella- ♥

I\'m married to- Tucker!!!

Purred: Tue Jun 19, '07 6:59pm PST 
I agree with Apollo's post. Your baby will not forget you while you are gone. And it's good that you know your kittie will be in safe hands until your return. God bless you while you are in Iraq. (just a side note, the son of one of my friends was in Iraq a little over a year ago and his company adopted a puppy over there. With a lot of work and a lot of prayers, that puppy is now in Wisconsin with him!!!!)
[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love- to Mom and- Toulouse

Purred: Tue Jun 19, '07 8:01pm PST 
Achilles will never forget you. He is sure to miss you while you are gone, just as you will miss him. It is great that you mom will care for him while you are away. May your Guardian Angels keep and protect you during your deployment so you will return, safe and sound to Achilles and your family.

Emma Barrett

It\'s good to be- the Queen

Purred: Wed Jun 20, '07 7:42am PST 
First, all of us ill be purring and praying that you return to your family and Achilles safely. Try leaving a few pieces of clothing with your scent on them, this will comfort your baby. I know many soldiers have access to computers - try sending videos, I know your mom would enjoy them, and share them with your furbaby.

Please ask your mom to post on CATSTER and let us know how you (and Achilles) are doing.

Emma, Louis and Benny and their meowmy
WE LOVE OUR TROOPS AND PRAY FOR THEM EVERY DAY!!!kitty
[notify]

Angel- Captain,- Macaroni

Cowcats Rock

Purred: Wed Jun 20, '07 7:48am PST 
No, your kitty will not forget you, and may take a little adjustment time, but will be fine. Yes, I agree, ask your mom, too keep us updated on you and the kitty.

PS Bless you for what you do.
[notify]

Beloved- Angel Amelia- loves HL!

I am finally- with my True- Love Bill....

Purred: Wed Jun 20, '07 6:11pm PST 
I agree, your Achilles will never forget you!! and thank God he is in good hands while you are gone, although I know you will miss him. Just keep him in your heart and mind and "talk" to him thru your heart. I will pray for your safe return and I know we all ask God to keep His eye on you! Thank you for your service to our country and GODSPEED... Please do have your mom update us... Our love to you, Amelia, Martin, Vincent, and Hugo (angel, who will keep his eye turned toward you!) hug
[notify]

Jinx

I want to play!

Purred: Wed Jun 20, '07 6:19pm PST 
He might be a little mad at you for a while when you come home but he will remember you. My mom's cat Cinnamon remembers me from when I last visited five years ago.

I wish you luck over there!
[notify]

Jinx

I want to play!

Purred: Wed Jun 20, '07 6:20pm PST 
He might be a little mad at you for a while when you come home but he will remember you. My mom's cat Cinnamon remembers me from when I last visited five years ago.

I wish you luck over there!
[notify]

Teebo - Dreamboat- #66

Snuggles,- anyone?

Purred: Wed Jun 20, '07 6:42pm PST 
We all agree with the prior cats who posted. I don't think Achilles will forget you. I would definitely leave some clothing or a blanket with your scent on it.

God's blessings to you as you go to Iraq. We are praying for you, and hope you come home safely.

Purrs and hugs,
Teebo and Callie
[notify]

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7