GO!

Moving Troubles

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

Steve- Mcqueen

Steveasauraus- Rex- Destroyer of all- feet

Purred: Sun Dec 10, '06 10:13am PST 
Mommy is very stressed out right now because we are moving to a house not too far from our hosue now. But she is really nervous because she is afraid I will wander off and try to amke it back to our old house since it is near by. She is also really nervous because I am just a 'tiny little kitten.' I haven't lived with mommy very long, only 10 weeks, but accordign to mommy the best 10 weeks of her life. She loves me very much, do you have any tips for our move.
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Sun Dec 10, '06 12:39pm PST 
You need to stay inside for at least 2 weeks. In fact, if your mom can keep you in all the time, it would be much safer for you in the long run. Since you are only 3 months old, you are not fully vaccinated, so at the very least I'd rec. mom keep you inside until you are at least 4 months old, have had your kitten vaccine series and your rabies vaccine.
Make sure to have a collar and tags on. Make sure the information is current. You may want to consider getting a microchip (many shelters do this pretty low cost). During the move make sure you get locked up in a room w/ food/water and litterbox until all furniture and boxes are out of the house. Then when you get to the new house, be sure to stay in an room where there will not be a,bunch of activity until the moving is over. Good Luck/. I know how stressful moving can be (we just did it recently, but ours was a 2 day trip).
[notify]

Steve- Mcqueen

Steveasauraus- Rex- Destroyer of all- feet

Purred: Sun Dec 10, '06 1:41pm PST 
Thanks, yes mommy microchipped me on thursday and I have a pretty blue collar with a heart tag on it!
[notify]