GO!

Cat travel story in Friday, 10/6 New York Times

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Sat Oct 7, '06 2:49pm PST 
This is Delyte. My person tells me there is a hysterically funny story about some people taking their two cats on vacation, with a two-day car ride each way, in the Escapes section of the New York Times for Friday, 10/6. My person laughed til she wept, but then she has never tried to take me on vacation. I would be much worse on a long car trip. If she wants to take her pet in the car, let her get a dog! [Whoops, hope she doesn't! ]
[notify]

Sammy

I'm the- purrrrfect cat- ever!

Purred: Wed Oct 18, '06 12:29pm PST 
I haven't read the story but wanted to tell you that I like car rides! I usualy like to hop in the car sit on the passenger side and go for a ride.
Mom always say that I think I'm a dog!
[notify]

Bentley

Bentley - the luxury cat

Purred: Tue Oct 24, '06 12:03pm PST 
Does anyone know if there is a link to this story somewhere?
[notify]

vasia

wepon

Purred: Tue Oct 24, '06 1:25pm PST 
I do not know about the story but my cat has the same problem he hates car rides!Then this summer we took him for a lot of car trips. Now he is a little bit more used to the var what he likes to do is when the car stops to go to the back and lie under the back window sleeping but when the car starts moving again he jumps un to my lap. he he
[notify]

Smitty

Where there's a- will, there's a- way!

Purred: Fri Nov 3, '06 10:31am PST 
I couldn't stand a 10 minute carride just to the vet and back! It was a very short trip but I howled and I was sweatin' and pantin' the whole way over and back!!! Man, it was freakin' me out!!!
[notify]