GO!

RAMBO MADE IT - He's been safely moved

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

Rambo

I'm cuter than- Sly

Purred: Tue Aug 22, '06 5:13pm PST 
Tinker Bell, Rambo, Flower and Kitty Kitty's mom:

It was a nice easy 3hr car ride - we arrived in Birmingham (from ATL) at 8:30 pm last night. He was a very sweet boy and didn't do MUCH crying, as long as I had my fingers through the holes on the carrier door he was content and he also eventually realized that yesterday's car ride was much longer than the vets.

The ONLY downfall is - Lexy is not tooooo happy about him being here. Any tips on how to get them re-aquainted and possibly able to put up with one another -vs- howling and hissing!?! Luckily no paws have been thrown....yet
[notify]

Hannah♥- ;

My Heart Is True

Purred: Tue Aug 22, '06 9:34pm PST 
Give it 3 to 5 days, and they should make peace. In the mean time, don't scold them when they growl or hiss. The cat associates getting in trouble with the other cat, and it reinforces the negative behavior. Just break their attention with something. Maybe a toy, or just stand between them. Love on Lexy more than usual. Also give them their space when feeding them. Keep posting to let us know how it is going.
[notify]

Rambo

I'm cuter than- Sly

Purred: Wed Aug 23, '06 5:15am PST 
Thanks Hannah - I never would have thought of "don't scold them when they hiss" I by all means do not hit them, but I have been clapping my hands and saying the name firmly...but I will try what you suggested and see if there is any change.

Today they have seemed to improve a little bit, instead of Lexy HISSING or HOWLING whenever Rambo's in sight it seems now it's only when he makes sudden movements. Because of the worry with them possibly spatting I've been putting Rambo up in my little brothers room with some food, water and litter and of course when that's done Lexy turns into a whole different cat - vocal and touchy feely. But I'm guessing that habit needs to be broken or else Lexy will get used to it and expect it....ahhh the wait begins smile
[notify]

BRUCE (THE- BOSS)

Born to Run &- Born to Moo Boo

Purred: Fri Aug 25, '06 12:01pm PST 
Oh Rambo we are so glad you had a safe journey.

Im sure given time everything will settle down with Lexy, but please keep us posted on how its all going.

Phoebe

I'm Fusky! (I'm- furry and I'm- husky!)

Purred: Sat Aug 26, '06 5:46pm PST 
Rambo, good luck in Birmingham. You will like it there. I have a friend named Samba, a Sealpoint Siamese, who lives in Brimingham. And HE lived in Atlanta for awhile, too. He cried the whole way in the car, but he loves Birmingham.
[notify]

Lucky Boo,- Loved &- Missed

Mommy's Guardian- Angel

Purred: Sun Aug 27, '06 9:59pm PST 
We're so glad you made it to Birmingham safely with a not-so-bad car ride!!

Purrs,
Lucky Boo and Family

Rambo

I'm cuter than- Sly

Purred: Mon Aug 28, '06 9:30am PST 
Well thank you - it was a nice trip. I've found some comfy spots in the new apartment and now I can watch the birds/squirrels/chipmunks from the patio sliding doors without them running away, it's so nice. And the air conditioning - OH WOW!! I never knew life could be this good...it really is great.

Lexy is still a grouch but it could still be him healing over having surgery on his anal glands (giggles)...I just want someone to play with, that's all!!!

Thanks again everyone...much purrrs to you all smile
[notify]