GO!

Boarding cats

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Tolous

Snuggles

Purred: Sun May 7, '06 5:38am PST 
We've never borded a kitty. we either stay at home, and get food every day, or we go with our ownersmile
[notify]

Tolous

Snuggles

Purred: Sun May 7, '06 5:38am PST 
We've never borded a kitty. we either stay at home, and get food every day, or we go with our ownersmile
[notify]

Tippi[RIP]

Madame Tippi

Purred: Sun May 7, '06 5:39am PST 

tolous and I think alike
[notify]

Angel Maxie

Bring Bling &- Laughter to the- Angels

Purred: Sun May 7, '06 8:50am PST 
We've stayed home by ourselves for 2 days, but no longer. As long as we have fresh food and water we are ok.
[notify]

Leela

Apollo's- Connecticut- Jungle Queen!

Purred: Mon May 8, '06 7:19am PST 
I was boarded once at a place near our house. Mommy had to go away on business for 2 weeks, so she had me stay at a reputable chain of "pet resorts". I had a really good time, got to play a lot with some cool toys, and in my condo, there was a separate area for the litter box.

I'm also a pretty easy-going cat though, so I usually take change pretty well.
[notify]

Rocko

The Mighty- Hunter

Purred: Mon May 8, '06 12:35pm PST 
My mom never left me alone because she's worried about emergencies, like a fire. Here are her recommendations:
1) Ask a human friend to stay in your place while you are gone. Or stay with a human friend while your mom is gone.
2) Board at a GOOD kennel, NOT the vet. My mom has worked at both boarding kennels and at a vet. The boarding facilities at the vets are almost always really bad, especially stressful if there are dogs nearby. Also, from her experience, the vet techs could not take care of the animals boarding as much because they were so busy with the patients who needed medical attention. But mom has worked at cool kennels where the cats have their own private area and they let one cat out at a time in shifts (inside the room, of course) so that they can play and stretch their legs. There were many condos and toys and window seats with bird feeders to look at.
3) Get a pet sitter or a friend to come by twice a day. My mom also used to work as a pet sitter. It's a little expensive but at least you're at home and checked on everyday. But still, emergencies are scary if you're all alone.

Good luck and I hope this helps!
[notify]

♥Mor- gan The- PirateGato

You Gotta Love- Me, I'm a Pirate

Purred: Mon May 8, '06 3:26pm PST 
I stay at the Cat Clinic when I am sick - I have diabetes. They also have special rooms for kittys who board. Since I am their favorite patient, I get to stay out and play all day with my clinic friends.

Mom says if she ever has to go away for longer my brothers and sisters will all stay there.
[notify]

Sammy

I'm the- purrrrfect cat- ever!

Purred: Tue May 9, '06 1:32pm PST 
I never board my cats for only 2 days. In my opinion they can stay by themselves for that long. I have done that for almost a year cauz I was out of town every w-e. As long as they can have water and food I don't think its necessary to board them. They will be more fine if they are at their house. Sorry for the ones who like the boarding but for me my cats stay home alone.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2