GO!

Stop This TV Commercial!

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

Purred: Tue Apr 23, '13 11:05pm PST 
Hi, fellow Catster peeps. Not new to Catster, but new to the forums. My DH and I have 7 beautiful kitties, whom we love dearly. Of course, we love all things "cat". I'm not the most patient person in the world but here's the latest thing that puts me in an angry mood. There is a new commercial for Anthony and Sylvan Pool's "Stop Not Having a Pool" ad campaign. Please note that it implies--nay, not "implies", but pointedly says--that cat lovers have no lives. Has anyone else gotten miffed at this? I've gone to their FB page and left a comment. Told the story on my FB page and commented on the YouTube page. But if I get some of you behind me, maybe we can get this ad canned! Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d74Rvs8Pv14&feature=share

Edited by moderator Wed Apr 24, '13 7:34pm PST

Edited by forums moderator

Moose

Purred: Wed Apr 24, '13 5:38pm PST 
People who aren't fortunate enough to experience the joy of living with & loving cats don't know what they are missing. Science has even proven that the purr of a cat is good for a human's circulatory system and people who own cats on the average live 7 years longer than people who do not own cats.

I personally hate commercials, cartoons, etc, that advocate or make a joke out of cruelty to a cat or any other animal.
[notify]