GO!

Tree kitties?

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

Milo

Daddys little- buddy

Purred: Tue Aug 21, '12 11:46am PST 
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I've discovered that both my cats are "Tree Kitties". Apparently, there are "tree dwellers" and "bottom dwellers".

They both prefer being up high. One of them gets on the cabinets above the refrigerator, and the other one has discovered how to get on top of the Dining room curio. We've talked about it for a long time, and hubby finally bought some shelves so we can give them some "up space." He made sure of the "load" each shelf can hold - one of our furbabies is a bit husky. Now we need to figure out the best places for their shelves.

I was wondering if anyone else out there has created "up space" for your tree-dwelling cats, and if you had come across any common issues or tips that made the process better.

Thanks in advance,
Mama
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Thu Aug 23, '12 2:50pm PST 
Jackson Galaxy (My Cat From Hell) loves to talk about tree dwellers and bush dwellers and has lots of good tips about cat-ifying your home for your tree dweller. Go to his website jacksongalaxy.com. My mom put a big cat tree next to the windows in the breakfast room so I can watch the birds and the neighbors (and report back to the Homeowner's Association).
[notify]

Phantom

Did somebody say- dinner?- Nomnomnomnom.

Purred: Thu Aug 23, '12 10:41pm PST 
Yep Jackson Galaxy has some great tips. My mom makes sure I have access to the kitchen window, from there I like to get on top of the refrigerator. She also keeps the cabinet above the fridge empty and open for me. I like to sleep and play up there. She also has a big cat tree in the bedroom, next to the window for me. And is going to be getting an even bigger one and some shelves for the living room. I can't wait til she does all that. I will have so many great places to climb! Mom says moderncat.net has some great ideas. Kate (Ms Moderncat) has also been on Jackson's show. I'm the only kitty in the house that likes high places, so my brothers can't bother me. Sometimes Shadow meows until mommy or daddy put him on the fridge, then he plays with me, but he won't jump up there himself. So the high places are all mine! smilebig grin
[notify]