GO!

Playtime - Any Pocket Fisherman here?

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Fri May 18, '12 5:10pm PST 
I'm looking to see if any of you have a Ronco Pocket Fisherman or Small World Toys Pocket Fisherman from Toys R Us. I'm looking for advice on how durable they are as a play toy for my cats. I have a Zebco rod & reel that I get out to play in the yard with the cats. I put some fake mice or feather toys on the end to cast to the other end of my lawn. But I was hoping to find a small rod and reel for indoor use. With it a buggy year, my cats are not going outside this summer. I'm looking for one with a good reel that will not break of jam to get hours of play.

So tell me if you have a small rod & reel to play with your cats.
[notify]

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Mon May 28, '12 5:22pm PST 
No Pocket Fisherman here. Rats!

I did find the newest play tool is a tape measure. I need to find my one that retracks with the push of the button. But the one from my purse work well too. Candie thinks it is the best toy as she pounces on it from a flying leap throught the air.
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Wed May 30, '12 1:32pm PST 
Don't they make toy fishing rods for kids? That might work.
[notify]

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Thu May 31, '12 3:10pm PST 
Hi Brownie! The Dad uses a kids fishing pole for me. (my human brothers very old one - he is all growed up now) Works great & I love to play kitty-fish every day. It has to be kept in a drawer though, cause I try to get it when I am not supervised & mom doesn't want me to get tangled in the line. We tie a furry mousie on it & woohooo fun time! wave
[notify]

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Thu May 31, '12 11:17pm PST 
LOL! ! ! I found this one in another search for rods & reels:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=190390&cati d=187037&aid=338077&aparam=fat_cat_catfisher_rod_&CAID=9b375a8a-6bbb -4084-8620-87b099db1971

The reviews makes me stay away from it. But it is cute. I'm still worried about a toy rods & it breaks like the cat toy. Saw a pen rods. It looks like it would break in a heartbeat too. Walmart has some Disney lighted kid rods that are 2.33 ft long. I found some telescopic Shakespeare kid rod & reel backpack kits of Barbie, Cars Spider-man & Star Wars. They are 13 inches long & extends to be 2 ft. long. The others were telescopic Shakespeare travel combo with spincast reels that I prefer. Some of those fully extend to be only 4.33 ft. I do not think it had to be total extented to cast. Saw one online from Cabelas & one Amazon with free shipping. All of these options are cheaper than the Ronco Pocket Fisherman including shipping, I have learned since posting.

Smithwick - How long is your rod & reel? Do you wish it has shorter to cast in the house or is the perfect length? I have 8 ft. ceilings.
[notify]