GO!

Jack the Cat, lost at JFK

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Wed Aug 31, '11 7:18pm PST 
Article:
American Airlines loses cat in Hurricane Irene preparations, launches all-out search at JFK

Visit Jack's Facebook page for updates:
Jack The Cat is Lost in AA Baggage at JFK

Purring for a safe return, Jack! hug
Jack

Mordred,PAWS

No Not-Moms!!!!

Purred: Thu Sep 1, '11 9:19am PST 
Aw, this makes Mom all leaky - poor Jack! He must be terrified. We will say purrayers that he's found safely and quickly! Please, Lord, send an angel to guide Jack to his rescuers.
[notify]

Bella My- Beautiful- Angel

Mommys Kitty- Girl! I know- I\'m loved!

Purred: Thu Sep 1, '11 9:42am PST 
We have been following this.
In case anyone remembers, VIVI, the little whippet, was lost and never recovered after slipping out of her crate at JFK some years ago.

My brother works for Port Authority. He doesn't work at JFK any longer, and he works in a different division. The problem is that many of the people handling the animals, and the way the animals are handled by the airlines.

After learning what I have, I wouldn't send my animal cargo. I would probably drive, or find a way to get the animal transported via a 'pet railroad'. I just don't trust the airlines, or the 'security procedures'.

Animals are considered property. I would bet dollars to donuts that somoene either stole Jack, or opened a crate to pet him and he got out and is hiding somewhere in the airport. Cats as we know can squeeze into very small spaces.

PS-the VETPORT, where many animals are boarded, has it's share of 'feral' cats around it. I always wonder if they are pets who 'escaped' their cages.

I would not transport any of my babies by air.
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Thu Sep 1, '11 2:56pm PST 
We are purraying for poor Jack BIG TIME!!

Jack, just tell ONE purrson where you are. Please. Luv, Tink
[notify]

Alfie♥Forever Loved

Little boy in a- catsuit

Purred: Thu Sep 1, '11 3:06pm PST 
Purring for Jack!
[notify]

Apollo

Purred: Thu Sep 1, '11 7:59pm PST 
Poor Jack! I really feel for her mom, she must feel helpless moving clear across the country and now waiting around to Jack to be found with very few updates from the airline. I sure hope they find the poor guy!
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Tue Sep 6, '11 8:12am PST 
I seen this story on the internet.. I would surely die if this happened to our family. Sue the pants off united airlines.
[notify]

Baby

Purred: Sat Sep 10, '11 5:10pm PST 
Jack the cat now has a purr-tition (petition)!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/892/290/234 /

http://www.change.org/petitions/boycott-american-airlines-until -jack-the-cat-is-found/share#via-email

We think everyone should sign/share because no kitty should be forgotten and left out in the cold night. Jack deserves to be found and to go home!
[notify]