GO!

Cat show people - should I give it another try or just give up?

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
KuJu Ku

Bobtails Rule!

Purred: Thu Aug 18, '11 5:12am PST 
Hi Gimli wave its funny you mention about the dandruff.. that happens to me also, mom always wondered how the heck can dandruff POP up within a matter of an hour or so?
Check out my new photos from Larry johnson this past July.. they came out just ok, Kujy wasnt in the mood to pose and kept wanting to lay down.
[notify]

Malibu

Purred: Fri Aug 19, '11 1:04pm PST 
Thanks guys!

Rory, I think I definitely set her up for failure this last time. She does better when I'm relaxed. We feed off of each other a lot. I'll make sure that I'm prepared if we go to another. smile

Hey Gimli - long time no see. I used to be active a long time ago (I posted as Morris most of the time) Thank you for all the advice! I think it would be nice to show her in TICA since I could actually get titles on her. And how lucky that your got Feliway for just 3 bucks - I hope you bought all they had!! MOL

Also, Kuju & Kisu - just wanted to say that I love Japanese Bobtails. My mom is not a huge fan of purebred cats, but when I took her to a show she loved the bobtails.

If I do show again, I might just take Eve with me, too. The more I think about it, the more I think that she might be good at it. She's a bit high-strung, but you she lets you do anything to her - hold her upside down, stretch her out, etc. And she PLAYS like a maniac! She's not anything "special", just a blue and white shorthair, but she is pretty darn cute. I think Malibu does better when she is around other cats. So just another thing to consider.
[notify]

TGM Gimli DB- #101a

Play Hard, Sleep- Hard!

Purred: Fri Aug 19, '11 9:20pm PST 
Hi Kujy! We love your pics and the background is so pretty! Mom always wanted to get my pics done at a show, but I would probably want to lie down too and not look at the camera.
I thought I was the only kitty that got dandruff! Mom wonders too how it shows up so fast. At the Waco show on the 2nd day, she kept a room temp bottle of water with her and some paper towels and kept cleaning my fur (mostly on my back) and that kept my coat relatively free of dandruff.

TGM Gimli DB- #101a

Play Hard, Sleep- Hard!

Purred: Fri Aug 19, '11 9:32pm PST 
Hi again Malibu! wave I saw after the fact that Morris was in your family. big grin

Mom has met lots of nice people in TICA. Kenji is finally getting neutered on Tuesday so mom can register him with TICA and get his points he got in his show. Mom wishes that she would have put me in the show. There were 19 HHPs and the judges could only give 5 places. Mom heard one of the judges say that she was trying to get another HHP in the show, so they could do the Top 10. It was only $25 for an HHP entry. I think Kenji could have used the company.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2