GO!

Help I'm becoming a cat lady (animal planet?) WTH??

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Hermoine

play 23 hours a- day!

Purred: Sun Jul 31, '11 12:30am PST 
Was a watching animal planet or dating tv. Lady totally obsessed with her cats gets "therapy and redo" and is now totally normal (whatever that means) guy crazy gal hanging around in-- car washes1?-- for Mr. Right?!

Along the way:
The re-doer comes in and moves her cat gym to a distant room somewhere. Cats get low shelf. So that it can be all about her?! (What would Jackson Galaxy say, what would You must love cats guy say??)

Was it just me but I wanted her to find a cat crazed guy so they'd actually have something in common and she could keep the cat tree.

I don't know why I watched it, but there is more to come. But why is this on AP?? Isn't AP FOR cat ladies. smile

--des
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Sun Jul 31, '11 7:52am PST 
Well, mommy just said 'ugh!'
Mommy stopped watching animal planet when it became mostly about exploiting animals, animanls attacking, sharks biting, etc. We no longer watch it, and this is a big reason why.

Our mom is proud of being a 'cat lady'

and does that made our dad a 'cat gentleman'?
[notify]

Lacey

Backflips are my- specialty!

Purred: Sun Jul 31, '11 9:35am PST 
We don't watch that channel much anymore either and we did see that last night. Mom changed the channel after 10 minutes. It was stupid and more about a "makeover" for her than what they should have focused on. They don't even have that show on anymore that was about taking a dog from a shelter that was unadoptable and helping him with behavioral issues and such, then finding him a good home. I loved that show but stopped watching it the day they ran one where the rancher totally fell in love with this dog, he and the dog bonded so much and then the dog got hit by a passing truck or something and died. Why did they have to put that story on? To see how broken hearted and torn up that poor man was. I also loved the show Cell Dogs which they took off the air ages ago! Why I don't know. I loved it so much. Showing how hardened criminals fell in love with dogs, learned how to train them and started become social men again through the animals. That channel just stinks now. shrug
[notify]

Hermoine

play 23 hours a- day!

Purred: Sun Jul 31, '11 9:50am PST 
Your thinking Underdog to Wonderdog. Loved loved loved that. (I'm not sure why they told us about the death either, but that show is no longer on and I think that was one of the last episodes.) No more Super Fetch either. (Dog trained for complex task using all positive methods by Zak George). I never saw Cell dogs.

Must Love Cats and My Cat from H*LL are going to be on again.

BTW, it was on here at 12 or 1 so maybe that cat lady thing is actually a rerun. I sure hope so.

I agree there is a lot of stupid programming (more than not perhaps) on that channel but still like Dogs and Cats 101 (though some of the info is really silly), Must Love Cats, Cats from H*LL, and other stuff often on Saturday night, which is the only night I watch it. This drivel was succeeded by a neat little thing about 3 different litters of (purebred) cats-- surely attracting cat ladies. smile

--des
proud to be a cat lady!!
[notify]

Lacey

Purred: Sun Jul 31, '11 11:58am PST 
YES! That's it!!! Maybe that last episode was too much even for the team themselves. The really nice looking guy Ryan that hosted it, he's actually a lawyer and is now on HLN in the mornings with Robin Meade. I remember him being extremely upset when that happened. You would have really liked Cell Dogs. It showed that given the right circumstances, there's decency and compassion somewhere in even the hardest people.

Oh that's right! I do love Cats 101 and Must Love Cats. Yup, I forgot about those. I will still watch those. Don't know if Victoria is still on with It's Me or the Dog but I love her. She's very good and so much of her stuff can be applied to cats as well. cat on moon
[notify]

Hermoine

play 23 hours a- day!

Purred: Sun Jul 31, '11 12:13pm PST 
Here's a good blog wiht some info on the latest AP drek. http://exclusivelycats.wordpress.com/

I can never figure out the way AP works. Every week seems to be somewhat different but "ME or the Dog" is still on (though not on last week).

I think somewhat had the idea this was the answer to lots of requests for more cat programming. I don't believe they would ever have done this with a dog person. And I don't know why they think they should denigrate the very people asking for more programming.

--des
[notify]

~Honey~

Forever loved. I- keep her in my- heart.

Purred: Sun Jul 31, '11 12:18pm PST 
I asked TIVO to show me all the shows with Cat Lady.

on BET network "Hell Date" 8/5 @ 2:00am central time
on TLC network "My Strange Addiction" 8/7 1:30pm central time
on NatGeo Wild network "The Lady with 700 Cats" 8/10 9:00pm central time

I have Birmans and they are like childern. They follow me around the house. I'm proud Cat Mommy. No Therapy will every cure me!
[notify]

Lacey

Purred: Sun Jul 31, '11 2:16pm PST 
I don't understand the contradiction either. Because with Jackson Galaxy's show, he teaches people how to treat their cats with respect and add toys, climbing spots, beds, etc. This show does the opposite! Doesn't make sense and honestly I agree. We all pretty much think of our cats and pets as children because we are responsible for them. So what's the problem with that? Should we go back to the days when people just didn't give a darn about their pet's health and well being? NO! I wouldn't want to see that! Maybe give this show another chance but I think honestly if it keeps giving out that kind of message, the ratings will go down. No one wants to hear that. naughty
[notify]

♥- Roxy- ♥

Polydactyl Maine- Coons Rule!

Purred: Mon Aug 1, '11 11:06am PST 
Cats 101 irritates me because so much of the information is wrong!
I liked the things they used to show on Animal Planet like Breed All About It and K9 to 5 and the "game shows" like Zig and Zag.
[notify]

Hermoine

play 23 hours a- day!

Purred: Mon Aug 1, '11 12:19pm PST 
I enjoy Cats and Dogs 101 for the stories-- not the info. I htink the info is often wrong. You can tell a MC by the M on its forehead. Come again?? Even so the stories on Cats 101 often show shelter cats who are unlikely to be purebred, esp some rare breed.

--des
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2