GO!

My First Show!

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

Jase

Blue-Eyed Savior- of Hearts

Purred: Sun Jul 24, '11 9:49pm PST 
I've been entered in the TICA SW Consortium in Irvine, CA for this coming Saturday & Sunday! I'm only four months old and have never been to a show. Mommy's having a friend help her cobble together some cool cage curtains, and I'm going to a professional groomer for a full head-to-toe grooming on Monday, then again on Friday for a basic touch-up. Mommy has read all the rules and instructions, but there's very little said on the website!

We were hoping you could tell us what to expect! Maybe give us some tips for being good showers! I'm extremely friendly and enjoy being held by everyone I meet, so my temperament isn't a worry. I do have a few fleas, but the groomers should take care of that, and Mommy has vacuumed and will be keeping me in a carpet-free area until after the show. She's bringing litter, food, and nail clippers to the show, along with my crate and curtains.

What are we missing? Is there anything special about how to groom a Ragdoll? Any special cut they ought to have on any part of their body? Also, I'm really curious what awards I'm eligible for winning; I'm a pedigreed Ragdoll kitten and have been entered as such.

Any input is appreciated! big grin
[notify]

Cowboy

The Battle Of- Texas 2010- Winner!

Purred: Tue Jul 26, '11 4:03pm PST 
Check the flyer, for the check in time, and be there, at the beginning of check out, that way, being new, you won't have to rush. I show HHP and am in Region 1, was at the Garden State show in NJ last weekend.

When you check in, tell the entry clerk, you are a new exhibitor, and ask for a "mentor". They will give you a person, who will guide you thru the show, teach you what to look for and do, and make sure you get to your classes on time.

When you get there, they will hand you a catalog. On the outside of it, at the top, your number will be on there, as well as what row you are benched in, it a letter, just look for that row, marked by the letter, then walk up that aisle, your last name, will be written on the platstic, inside the cage. Did you ask for a double cage? If not, ask for one in the future, they are much bigger, than the half, they will stick you in, if you didn't ask for one, or, are you bringing a show shelter?

Gotta run, supper is ready, will finish this later. wave big grin
[notify]