GO!

New show "My Cat from He**"

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

(Page 9 of 13: Viewing entries 81 to 90)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  
ZOEY

Growing up with - TORTITUDE

Purred: Sun Jan 8, '12 1:58pm PST 
wave

Awhile ago we shut off our cable and put our tv away. We do this every so often by choice for a complete tv break. So far my parents aren't missing the tv at all. And they may never reconnect it.

But Mommy is curious of what happened with Miss Larry after watching the online preview. Sounds like from Tasha's post that the cat wasn't spayed and that solved the problem? What did Jackson say about the hitting and holding the cat?

Al Hirt that sounds really cute about the other cat getting a cat's pilate's bed. cheer

Were cat trees or shelves a solution to any of the problems this time like the first season? I was thinking that may continue to be a popular theme of the show. Any cool cat products shown?

I read that clicker training is going to be shown on a show or 2. Mommy tried that and it does work and can be lots of fun but just involved alot of treat giving so we cut it out. Plus harder to do with more than one cat at a time. That will be an interesting addition to his show though.

Thanks for any show updates!

big hug
[notify]

Monida

I look so- innocent when- I'm sleeping.

Purred: Sun Jan 8, '12 3:15pm PST 
Hi Zoey! wave

Larry was definitely better after being spayed - she didn't spray anymore either. Then Jackson told them to start walking her, and that helped a lot, too. He told the dad to stop hitting her because it was putting negative energy into it, and she was in turn releasing negative energy.

I felt bad for the pilates lady. You could tell she really wanted to love the kitty, but the kitty was so mean to her! That episode had a lot about vertical space and cat trees and shelves. That's what helped them - Ruby would watch clients from her cat tree and was no longer banished to the bedroom. The pilates lady also had to be more confident around Ruby, and not express fear, because Ruby was feeding off that fear.

Oddly enough - I have a cat tree but I almost never use it. Mom doesn't know if I don't like it, can't get to the top part, or what. I figure I own the bed, the couch, the chair, the kitchen counter, etc., why would I need the tree? smile

I like this show, but this episode almost seemed too rushed. I wouldn't have minded an extra half-hour or so of it.
[notify]

♥- Tasha- ♥

Cat; I'm a kitty- cat!

Purred: Sun Jan 8, '12 3:38pm PST 
Yes, little Larry was very hormonal, poor girl! Jackson said he could smell cat pee as he approached the house because not only was Larry spraying inside, but other cats were spraying outside. The spay along with play time and walk time seemed to make a big difference in her life.

Ruby and her dad seemed to have a really great relationship, it was strange to see her attack her mom that way, but I guess it has a lot to do with the way she was approaching Ruby~ too tentative. As Monida said, a cat tree and wall perches helped her get off the floor. Ruby had been trying to use her mom's pilates bench as a cat tree, MOL.
[notify]

Monida

Purred: Sun Jan 8, '12 4:00pm PST 
Tasha - did you think it was odd that in Larry's case, it looked like the family lived in an apartment that opened into a hallway or some other kind of entryway. It didn't look like it opened to the outside. Where do you think the other cats were coming from?
[notify]

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Sun Jan 8, '12 4:02pm PST 
Zoey, after Jackson told the Pilates people to get some vertical space for Ruby the cat, they put up two of the white "cloud" shelves on one wall, but they didn't lead to anything else. Then they had a nice cat tree on the other side of the room.

Jackson had them move the cat tree to the side of the room with the cloud shelves, in front of a window on that wall. Then the top of the cat tree became the "destination" spot that the cloud shelves led to, and it was a great lookout perch in front of the window. Much better! way to go

When they showed Ruby on the top of her tree after that, you could just see the change in her and could see how happy she was. I believe he placed Ruby's little Pilates bed so it became the first level for getting up to the cloud shelves, too, so she had a complete little heaven and haven all her own in that part of the room. way to go way to go

The best part was probably at the end when the Pilates lady was obviously so happy as she described how Ruby had laid on her and started kneading, for the first time ever!

We only saw the last part of the show, after Ruby and the Pilates lady's story had already started.

Edited by author Sun Jan 8, '12 4:05pm PST

[notify]

ZOEY

Purred: Sun Jan 8, '12 4:27pm PST 
flowers flowers flowers

Thank you so much Monida, Tasha and Ashlynne!! I really appreciate the updates. It is always good to hear that Jackson Galaxy saved the day again. wink

I think so many cat owners might not even thinking of a cat not being spayed or neutored that stayed indoors would be a problem. So good they touched on that subject. Spraying would be awful and frustrating. I wonder if any of these pawrents take their cats to the vet and ask their advice before this. Cool about the walk time helping. Did Larry's pawrents end up setting a date then to marry?

Fun to hear about the way Ruby's life was transformed with the reconfiguration of her cat house and adding shelves. cloud 9 And that her and the lady were becoming friends.

Monida maybe you have claimed all the territory in your house as your own so a high getaway isn't needed. I bet some cats out in the wild don't enjoy climbing trees either. Sounds like it sure isn't a problem for you. dancing

Fun to read your discussion on this. I hope more cat owners have learned something from the show so more cats are happy!

hug
[notify]

Monida

Purred: Sun Jan 8, '12 5:59pm PST 
One thing that was really gross Zoey was that Larry kept spraying everywhere, but the cleaning materials they were using were only smearing the mess around, and not really cleaning it. And it was all over their kitchen counters and stove. :o YUCK!

Edited by author Sun Jan 8, '12 6:00pm PST

[notify]

ZOEY

Purred: Sun Jan 8, '12 8:26pm PST 
eek Oh that is so gross, Monida!!

Did Jackson Galazy use one of those black lights to go over the areas that showed all of the smeared pee? That makes Mommy shiver even thinking of that. Double Yuck!
[notify]

Monida

Purred: Sun Jan 8, '12 9:58pm PST 
Yup. That's exactly what he did. The lady was really grossed out, too.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the couple did get married - they had some pictures from the wedding at the end of their segment.
[notify]

ZOEY

Purred: Sun Jan 8, '12 10:08pm PST 
Oh good, I like happy endings!

hi5

Thanks Monida!
[notify]

(Page 9 of 13: Viewing entries 81 to 90)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13