GO!

New show "My Cat from He**"

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

(Page 4 of 13: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  
Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Sun May 22, '11 9:47am PST 
No, Finnegan....I was 150% GROSSED OUT by that, okay if he wants to "feel" the droppings in the box, but has he not heard of disposable latex gloves?? And that couple must have NO sense of smell whatever, because when "Cat Daddy" walked into the bedroom he said the stench struck him in the face, it was all over the bed, the clothing on the floor, etc. HOW could this couple sleep in a beed that a cat had urinated on and not smell it???? YUCK!!!! Then when the woman said she could not "handle looking at a dirty litter box"....hmmmm lady, you better never have a human baby....MOL...MOL...and I also agree, the litter box looked like it needed a good scooping and probably scrubbing
. I scoop my cats litter boxes twice a day, and once a week scrub them out using dishwashing liquid, then rinse twice, splash a LITTLE bleach, rinse again and let them dry out on the patio.

And I agree, the other episode with the cat MiniBar, the woodworking shop/room looked like the last place a cat (or any other pet) should have access to.

But "Cat Daddy" did find solutions to the problems that the people had with their cats. Sorry to see this is the end of the season, I only found this program last week.....but they may show earlier shows, I hope so.

Edited by author Sun May 22, '11 9:48am PST

[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Sun May 22, '11 10:46am PST 
Thanks Tink and Miss Elizabeth. I was really starting to wonder there for a minute. I mean honestly! I have never in my life seen a vet or vet tech take a stool sample from a cat and just put it in their hands. And yeah, like Tink said, it's like sticking your hands in a toilet! I just couldn't get over that, I really couldn't. And I didn't even think about that part, of the people just sleeping in their bed with cat pee. Oh my god. I don't know about some people. I use liners in my cat's box and I also scoop 2xs a day and change the entire thing, liner and all probably every 5-6 days depending on the amount and the smell, etc. I am using a new litter which is helping A LOT! Petsmart's Exquisicat is now making their own versions of wheat litter and it's so much better than both Sweat Scoop and WBCL! It's odor control is fabulous and it's not shavings like the Sweat Scoop, it's regular litter. AND it doesn't stick to their fannies so they have dingles all day and I don't have to keep brushing them off.

Anyways, I'm still grossed out by that show. I do love the premise of it though and I can totally see where these people are doing these things wrong. It always comes down to people thinking cats are just like dogs when they're not. wink
[notify]

♥- Tasha- ♥

Cat; I'm a kitty- cat!

Purred: Sun May 22, '11 1:56pm PST 
Hi Gump wave

Yes! That litter box is strange! I think people are always looking for a gimmick to avoid taking care of the litter box thinking

It was also a surprise to me how the cat pee showed up in the shower like that~ obviously really, really hard to remove without enzymatic cleaner. I know people who have had cats use their tub as a litter box, and I don't think they cleaned it with anything special thinking it would wash away with normal cleaning...
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

Purred: Sun May 22, '11 2:13pm PST 
When Finney pooped in the tub for awhile (because he was mad at me for something), I always cleaned it with a good scrub cleaner and then bleach. He's not allowed in there at night now so he doesn't do it anymore. But I at least bleached it. confused
[notify]

ZACK

BLACK is- HANDSOME

Purred: Sun May 22, '11 2:55pm PST 
Too bad that was the finale already! Only 3 episodes. I hope it is renewed. Happy that Must Love Cats has been renewed. My Dad likes the My Cat From Hell show better as the other is a little too cutesy for him but Mommy likes both shows.

At first when he was putting his hand in the litter box I thought maybe he was measuring how deep they had the litter in the box. I think what he did was not needed and do hope he washed his hands well afterwards! I couldn't understand Minibar's Mom disliking litter boxes SO much. If you keep them clean and you have a good box and litter, they are no problem at all. Really it is up to the human. I think anyone that has cats peeing in the bathtub, hopefully will rethink that and start scrubbing. Yuck!
[notify]

Hermoine

play 23 hours a- day!

Purred: Sun May 22, '11 3:13pm PST 
Oh yeah, I was totally grossed out by putting hands in cat litter and he didn't even show himself washing his hands. Disgusting.

By saying he is not actually a cat behaviorist is not to denigrate him. He has been shown in Cats 101 making comments, and I know that they use fairly well-respected people. The vet on there is actually pretty well known from John Hopkin or something.

He actually may be a behaviorist, but it is not on his website at least from what I saw. A behaviorist has a specific educational background that includes things like veterinary behaviorist, applied behavior analysis, etc. This is maybe what you'd see with an animal behaviorist-- from a pretty well-known one.
http://www.thecatcoach.com/whois.html (nice website btw).
BTW, we had this conversation on cat clicker. We all agreed he had pretty good cat instincts, though leave me out of the litter box. MOL!
smile

Why are they always canceling their shows that I like!! Dang I hate that. But they keep Pit Boss on year after year.

--des

Edited by author Sun May 22, '11 3:15pm PST

[notify]

Monida

I look so- innocent when- I'm sleeping.

Purred: Sun May 22, '11 3:58pm PST 
I also was shocked that Duff's family didn't seem to notice the cat pee in their room. Especially since their blankets were wet! Gross. And I never would have guessed that pee even in the shower wouldn't just wash away. Learn something new every day! I want a black light too.

It was gross that he put his hand in the litter box. But what really got me, is right after, he rested his hand on his knee. So even if he did wash his hands, it was on his clothes. Ugh.
[notify]

♥- Tasha- ♥

Cat; I'm a kitty- cat!

Purred: Sun May 22, '11 5:00pm PST 
Monida~ I just went back an watched that part again~ he does rest his hand on his knee, he even kinda wipes it a little shock

I don't really get what he is learning from doing that. I also was re-horrified at how dirty that box was... Really filthy. Knowing that a dirty box is a big reason for cats not using the box, I just don't understand why he didn't address it thinking
[notify]

ZACK

BLACK is- HANDSOME

Purred: Sun May 22, '11 5:41pm PST 
Tasha I was surprised at him not addressing the dirty litterbox too. We cats like things clean. That would have been a simple lesson to each cat owners that were watching.

Hermoine, you are right. Jackson Galaxy seems more like a self taught cat behavorist. It says on his bio that it was while working at the shelter that his fascination and empathy towards cats grew. Jackson, a musician, songwriter and actor, used a performer’s fascination with observing the everyday, and the constant accessing of deep emotionality to help him at the animal shelters. He read any material on cats he could find, and immediately applied what he learned to adoption, counseling and ongoing socialization of the resident cats.
Bio

I think it is his personality too that calms cats and attracts them to him. Either way, he is good at what he does. (except for the hand in the litter box and wiping his knee afterwards!)

I don't think this show has been cancelled. They probably only put a short season out there and then if it got good reviews, it will be renewed for another season.

Duff's humans must have been so embarrassed that they were sleeping in pee. And maybe so use to the urine smell that they didn't even notice it, while Jackson Galaxy got a wiff of it right when walking in the room.

Edited by author Sun May 22, '11 5:43pm PST

[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

Purred: Sun May 22, '11 5:57pm PST 
MOL MOL MOL! SEE?!! It is gross isn't it!? And I thought of something else. I hope to god that if he feeds his cats a raw diet, well, you can go from there. Gloves please! No hands in the box and on food. red face eek

I do like him though but wow! I can't get over that. And I agree, why didn't he say something about the litter box being so dirty. I hope he did say something to them about that because even though he's using that new biodome box, he still won't go in there if it's filthy and full! naughty
[notify]

(Page 4 of 13: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13