GO!

New show "My Cat from He**"

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

(Page 2 of 13: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  
ZACK

BLACK is- HANDSOME

Purred: Tue May 17, '11 5:35pm PST 
Jackson Galaxy's Website

Jackson currently lives in Redondo Beach, California with his girlfriend Jill; rescue cats Benny, Caroline, Chips, Velouria and Zek; and dogs Kalee and Rudy. He has been working with cats for 16 years, including eight years in a high stress cat shelter at the Humane Society of Boulder Valley in Colorado.

I think humans need to think like cats to meet our needs and that is what Jackson Galaxy helps them to do.

wave Hunter, on one of the shows, the couple was carrying their cat around like a baby with his tummy exposed and the cat would end up biting them. Jackson said they were carrying the cat the wrong way. If you are biting your Mom after she touches your white belly floof, you are trying to tell her in your own way - not to. You better sit her down to watch the show on Saturday with you!

big grin Let's try to remember to come back after we see the next show and comment on it!
[notify]

♥- Tasha- ♥

Cat; I'm a kitty- cat!

Purred: Wed May 18, '11 11:35am PST 
We have been watching too and love it! cheer
[notify]

Harvard

Regional Winner!

Purred: Wed May 18, '11 8:41pm PST 
My aunt once sent me a book by a "cat whisperer" (don't know if it was the same guy), and that was the first time I learned that you have to train yourself to figure out how to make your cat WANT to behave the way you want to. It doesn't always work, but certainly works better than punishment.

My Harvard should be on that show. He doesn't misbehave in the usual sense of the word--he's just the kind of cat who always has to stick his head (literally) into whatever you're doing, who is guaranteed to knock over anything that's not nailed down...and it doesn't help that he's around 16 pounds and clumsy to boot.

As for "He**"--I think when the word is used to refer to a "geographic" location that some religions believe in, it's not considered a bad word. Dante called it "Inferno," but if he'd been writing in English, it would have been "Hell."
dancing
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Thu May 19, '11 1:54pm PST 
Before mommy had us, she had some years ago a cat that started peeing and pooping in the sofas and chairs of her moms house after a new kitty came in. Mommy tried everything she knew, but couldn't get him to stop. She finally spoke with a Dr. Peter at the Animal Medical Center who's also a feline behaviorist, and mommy said he didn't even have to see her cat...he told her that her cat had 'passive cat syndrome' and told her to put a small litterbox in the bathroom for the kitty, and to give him his own food and water dishes in a small corner room upstairs. Mommy did this, and it worked!!!!

Mommy liked Dr. Pete too, and mommy knew alot about cats-but he was so quiet and soft spoken and non judgemental and mommy said he was very knowledgable without being obnoxious.
[notify]

ZACK

BLACK is- HANDSOME

Purred: Thu May 19, '11 2:03pm PST 
Harvard sounds very curious as us cats tend to be. A show on cats' curiosity would be really cute!

Mommy doesn't think Hell is a bad word either. She wasn't loving the title of the show at first but it really fit with the one cat growling under the bed. Also it is an attention getter.

One of our new fav companies is Square Cat Habitat. Mommy noticed that one couple on the show bought some of the Buddhas and Itch Steps for their wall for their cat. (I think it was the red headed guy & his girlfriend) Mommy had just placed another order today and mentioned in the email that she noticed their products on the show and they replied that it is a great show and their products should be in 2 more episodes.

We have been so happy with the Square Cat Habitat products and highly recommend them if you want to get your cats off the ground. Plus they have a Lo for on the ground that is really cool too.
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Thu May 19, '11 4:33pm PST 
We LOVE LOVE LOVE that show! That guy really knows his stuff. It's so neat to see a man so in tune with kitties. cheer
[notify]

Hermoine

play 23 hours a- day!

Purred: Sat May 21, '11 12:30am PST 
I like it and tend to be a big animal planet viewer (on Saturday night anyway-- too much fishing and so forth other nights). Jackson is certainly an interesting character. I don't think he is an actual cat behaviorist (as he says on the website). But I liked many of his ideas (and thought a few sounded a bit new agey, oh well).

BTW, I don't think the word h** (since there are tender readers) is considered a swear word in this
sense, this is as in the place Hades or netherword.
--des

Edited by author Sat May 21, '11 12:32am PST

[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Sat May 21, '11 5:15pm PST 
Not true. He co-founded Little Big Cat with a very respected and well known, holistic vet. From his bio page: In 2002 he went into private practice in Boulder co-founding Little Big Cat, Inc. with Dr. Jean Hofve, a respected holistic veterinarian. Together they gave mind-body consultations to cat guardians, focusing on the connection between physical and behavioral health. Jackson also joined her in the popular Spirit Essences flower essence remedy line, and today he is the owner and president of Spirit Essences.
[notify]

♥- Tasha- ♥

Cat; I'm a kitty- cat!

Purred: Sat May 21, '11 7:26pm PST 
Another great episode! cheer

And even though I'm pretty sure T&T have never peed anywhere they are not supposed to, I feel a strange urge to purchase a black light laugh out loud

I was a little surprised he did not encourage the people in the second story (Duff) to scoop their cat's box more frequently~ it looked pretty full!!
[notify]

Nellie

cause thats what- i am a princess

Purred: Sat May 21, '11 7:36pm PST 
im watching the show now mol
[notify]

(Page 2 of 13: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13