GO!

New show "My Cat from He**"

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

(Page 10 of 13: Viewing entries 91 to 100)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  
Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Thu Jan 12, '12 4:37pm PST 
Monida, not all kitties have to have vertical space. The ones who are confident & secure in their environment may not like cat trees.

It's the ones who are in fear, skittish, hiding under beds, etc. that need a spot where they can look over things at a safe distance.

Even so, when we first got Snow, Tink was in fear of him attacking her, even thought he was smaller, because of a prior bad experience. We are kinda crammed into two rooms & the only way to make vertical space was to clear out the top shelf of the closet and take off the doors. Then I put storage containers full of misc in a way to make steps up to jump up to it.

This worked out Beautifully!. I put pretty baskets and boxes & pillows up there, so they have a place to escape to. Tink uses it regularly and sleeps in the beds up there during the day.
[notify]

ZACK

BLACK is- HANDSOME

Purred: Mon Jan 16, '12 2:26pm PST 
I saw a clip from the next show and they had a cat exercise wheel on it? I have seen those and they look cool but you have to have the space for it. Catswall has a neater looking one that should be sold in the U.S. sometime this year.

The only thing I don't like is when someone is using a laser for the cat to chase on one of those wheels and of course the cat can never catch it. But if a cat wants to get on it for the fun of it, cool.

We don't really need one as we love to run and we run alot in our house, up and down all the stairs and up the cat trees. But for somecat in a small space that needs to workout, cute idea.
[notify]

♥- Tasha- ♥

Cat; I'm a kitty- cat!

Purred: Wed Jan 18, '12 4:42pm PST 
Zack wave

Yes, that was "City the Kitty" laugh out loud He was attacking one of his owners on a regular basis. Jackson was able to teach her how to be more assertive with City, which really helped. The cat wheel and regular walks played a part as well.

The second story was a cat named "Mad Max". I really didn't like the husband, he had a plastic gun to shoot projectiles at Max, he seemed to enjoy shooting him. When Jackson got there he noticed they had a shock collar on Max as well, Jackson took it off. Max was peeing in the sink because his litter box was beyond filthy. Also, Max had been harassing neighbors; they put up cat fencing to keep him on their patio. The couple were expecting a baby and Jackson worked with Max to prepare him by using a doll... I'm curious to know what others think of that strategy, I feel like the cat knows it's a doll and I don't really see how what they did can translate to how Max will react with a real baby confused

kitty
[notify]

ZACK

BLACK is- HANDSOME

Purred: Thu Jan 19, '12 12:23am PST 
wave. Hi Tasha!

Thanks so much for letting me know what happened on the show!

I would think also that the cat would be able to tell the difference between a doll and live baby. Does Jackson really think we are that dumb?! laugh out loud sounds like Jackson had some work to do with that family!

hug. Give Sasha a big hug from me and Zoey
[notify]

Buddy Bolden

Happy Cat

Purred: Thu Jan 19, '12 6:44am PST 
Tasha: We missed the show Saturday night. But a man who shoots things at a cat, thinks it is okay, and you said the litter box was dirty beyond belief...UGH!!! this guy does not sound like a candidate for "Father of The Year"!!! Our meowmy is glad she missed this one...she would have wanted to hit that idiot with something!! Hope he makes some "follow up" visits to this home. Especially after the baby is born. We can just picture the cat going up to sniff the baby and that creep hitting him. In another Forum we regularly post to "Fake Cats", their is a family with two cats and a 14 month old girl, who the mom and dad are teaching how to pet and act around the cats, and they all get along fine.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

♥- Tasha- ♥

Cat; I'm a kitty- cat!

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '12 5:34am PST 
Zack, we gave Sasha a big hug from you and Zoey! hug

Buddy wave

I believe the things that shot from the gun were foam, I can't be sure. The guy even shot the cat in one of his video diaries for Jackson, and Jackson point blank asked the guy why he did it and the guy didn't have a good answer. The husband was in charge of the litter box duties; he said that instead of cleaning the box every 2 weeks, he would clean it every week... I suspect he isn't scooping, just dumping the box every week. The wife was concerned about the cat "smothering the baby" and the husband was afraid of the cat scratching the baby... I really hope Jackson stays on top of these people because I don't have a lot of hope for them on their own!

kitty
[notify]

Jill- Teagarden

Furrever Homes- Rock!!!

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '12 7:15am PST 
Tasha: We agree COMPLETELY. We can't belive the wife still belives that old (untrue) story that "cats smoher babies!!! And the husband should scoop the litter box EVERY day, at least once, if not twice. I realize the wife cannot do this while she is expecting a baby. Even if the things he was shooting at the cat were foam, I don't care if it was a puff of air....this is WRONG!!! And what scares me is that the guy could not give any reason for doing it. Did the wife say anything when he said this???? And what about the shock collar.....I have never heard of putting such a thing on a cat.

In fact, I think they need 1) Parenting Classes 2) Cat Care Classes
or 3) Find a home for the cat where it is loved and taken care of.

Jackson is pretty good about follow ups, and certainy he follows up on these two......who sadly, do not sound like they are good pet parents - hopefully they will do better with the human baby. Did either of them say why they have the cat to begin with??

The New Orleans Kittiesshock

Edited by author Fri Jan 20, '12 7:16am PST

[notify]

Kitty Pryde

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '12 12:03pm PST 
We've been working in house with Jackson since Novempurrr-it took that long since tha summer ta gets an appointment-We did try ta submits fur the show a couple times, but maybe our stuff seemed too hard fur a short show? Who meows-but we really liked this last episode, specifically 'cause it seemed like our house where tha one kitty was ovfurrly wanting ta jump on tha other-Like Harrison does ta me-Mom has been taking Harrison on walks now, not evfurry day, but often and it seems ta help a lot. We has lots of verticle space too-but we always had that fur tha most part 'cause Mommy always was reading how cats need trees and stuffs. Sometimes Harrison is still wanting ta get ta me, but I'm being braver and Jackson hopes that he and I will finally hopefully be able to be in tha same space soon. Mommy hopes too. We shall sees! But it's kewl when we watches it 'cause when tha doooood comes ovfur I likes ta sit by him and when I heard his voice I looked around fur a second till then I saw he was on tha teeeeveeee MOL!way to go
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '12 11:38pm PST 
MOL. I'm wondering why the program title "My Cat from Hell" had to be censored. As far as I know (as an academic and sometime copy editor), "Hell" is a legitimate word used in in religious and quasi-religious discourse. No need to censor it, I think. Animal Planet apparently does not. Considering that sites like FB are rife with words that are definitely NOT socially acceptable, I think "Hell" is the least of our worries.

Sorry, OT. Carry on.
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Sat Jan 21, '12 1:04am PST 
You're right Harvey..."Hell" didn't technically have to be censored. Hobie decided to spell it with the asterisks when he created the thread, I think it was to emphasize the racy title of the show.
way to golaugh out loud

(Page 10 of 13: Viewing entries 91 to 100)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13