GO!

NEWS ON JAN AND JIMMY RIDDLE

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 35)  
1  2  3  4  
Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Fri Apr 29, '11 10:42am PST 
Dear Jan,

This is Delyte and the Grays and their person. Think of it this way, you were with him when he realized he was going, feeding him and talking to him. When heart failure is so massive and sudden, he probably did not feel anything, and by the time you were trying to prevent him from choking, he was already gone. If things are as some say they are, he knows that you all were trying to help him. If this world is really all there is, he had a pleasant end with a person who cared for him, a moment of pain, and then he was gone, or gone to another place entirely. It does sound like the same thing as my aunt, he was too fragile after his hospital experience and his body just gave in.

We hope you can speak at his funeral, as one of his friends and the one who was with him at his last conscious moment. It does sound like it will be terribly difficult for you, and we are all supporting you with all the purrs and positive energy we can give. Please take care of yourself and heal yourself from all of your physical problems that you've had over the winter. Get well soon! hug
[notify]

Pete- Fountain

So happy to have- a safe and- loving home!

Purred: Fri Apr 29, '11 3:43pm PST 
Jan: SO glad to read that Richard's death was due to something NOBODY had any control over. Apparently it was his time to leave this earth, and when God decides to take us, we must answer His call. Naturally since you were feeding him at the time you thought it was your fault and I know this will ease your mind. At least Richard did not suffer and was with people who did all they could to help him.

May he rest in peace, and my you heal from the hurt....it was in no way, shape or form your fault. But because you are such a caring person, naturally you felt pain on loosing him.

The kittens and I send soft paw pats, purrs and hugs.

P.S. Miss Tambolina.....please care for your dear mother at this time. Some extra cuddles would go a long way toward healing her hurt.

Sincerely,
Peter, Lord Fountain of Foo Foo
[notify]

Jimmy Riddle

I have come- home...maybe....

Purred: Wed May 4, '11 7:08am PST 
Dear People and Pussycats...especially Delyte and Lord Peter.....

Richard's funeral is to be next Wednesday at 2.00pm in the church over the road from Frocester Manor.....He had done a very detailed 'End of Life Plan', so the details of his funeral are all mapped out.....

His coffin will leave from Frocester Manor in a hearse drawn by two white horses (with us all walking along behind); he will have sunflowers on his coffin; some of the music at the service is to be from 'The Jungle Book'; and as we all file out they will play 'My Way' by Frank Sinatra....but the funniest bit is that we have all got to go to the pub afterwards and eat chocolate cake and drink beer.....!!!

Apparently (I did not know this), when he was born (65 years ago) the doctors told his mother that she ought to give him away immediately 'because he would never be anything more than a cretin'.....!! BUT he was so lovely and so polite always and such a gentleman.....People with learning difficulties give SO MUCH to the world that ordinary people cannot give......I will miss him very much, and I am glad now that I was with him when he died.....

I will let you know how it goes next week.....I have to admit that I am looking forward to the white horses but NOT looking forward to the chocolate cake and beer...!!!

Both Jimmy and I are doing OK, although I still cannot walk unaided...I have a consultant's appointment next Monday....

Best love to all....

Jan (and furry family)
[notify]

Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Thu May 12, '11 4:24am PST 
Dear People and Pussycats.....We hope that you are all well and happy......

Have to tell you about Richard's funeral, yesterday.......the white hearse and the two white horses with plumes on their heads were MAGNIFICENT.....and there was a wonderful showing of sunflowers on his coffin (just as he had wanted).....as the coffin was brought into the church (carried by four of the male members of staff at Frocester Manor)the music played was 'the bare necessities of life'from 'The Jungle Book'......it was all SO LOVELY......!!! Some parts of the service were good (for me).....there were elegies from members of staff who had known him for many, many years and had been very close to him (especially Sharon Greenaway); one of the residents read a story that Richard had written; some of the residents stood up and spoke about him; and I also stood up and said (with difficulty):

'I was with Richard when he died and we were speaking about Sharon and about how he had loved going to her wedding (we had been looking at a photo of them together)....I was so happy that there had been something lovely for him right at the end'......

Many people afterwards said that they were glad that I had stood up and said that......

BUT the rest of the service DID NOT TOUCH ME and left me alone and lost.....what is this Christian rubbish? It did not TOUCH ME OR EASE MY SOUL.....

'My Way' was played as we filed out....which made me cry so much......He had been designated 'a cretin' by the doctors.....but he was a true person....a gentleman....a wonderful human being.......

I hobbled back to The Annexe afterwards....most people went to the graveyard at St Andrews to see him buried......but my foot was bad so I went back to Frocester Manor to phone Brian to take me home.......

I'm glad that I spoke....although I wish I had had the nerve to say more.....about the wonder of death and the fear of death and its touch on my life......so much that I could have said.....and of how much my soul needed tending.....so much so and the stupid Christian service left me alone in the wilderness and longing for some help.......

Anyway, that is how it is for me.....and Richard is underground, in the way and manner that he wished......

Jimmy and I are OK.....Oh...people and pussycats.....yesterday I played with him....running my fingers up and down the pillow he was on to make him chase my hand (I know you are not supposed to do this with cats).....but he was SO WONDERFUL.....he chased my hand, grabbed it and moved it to his head...he wanted me to stroke him.....!!! he is heavenly......

I can still not walk unaided, but I am getting better, gradually.....trying to be optimistic......

When I went into the chemists today, one of the assistants started talking to me about cats......there has been a cat in this area who was abused and hurt by a mad-person, apparently (it's in all the local papers).....I wanted her to stop telling me (as all my cats go out)....but she kept on telling me......I cannot write what was done to the cat, cannot bear it.....but (still thinking about death and pain and suffering)it seems to me that the cat should be put to sleep now...that is what I would want, if I had been that cat......it needs to be allowed to rest now.....not brought back to life and suffering......

Sorry that this is such a dark post......sorry.....

Love you all and wish wish you all SO MUCH happiness and very little suffering....

Jan (and pussycat family)
[notify]

Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Fri Jun 3, '11 7:32am PST 
Oh, dear......People and Pussycats......!!!!!

Please do go and have a look on 'Cat Health'....we started a thread on Urinary Crystals....'cos the Jimmy Riddle is SUCH A WORRY re: his potential to get a blockage in his bladder.....we had loads of good replies.....BUT....

There were some questions about MALE CATS' LITTLE WINKLES.....and...oooohhhhh, it DID MAKE US LAUGH.......have a look at our reply..... and, perhaps, someone could start a new thread about 'little pink winkles'? I haven't got the nerve....!!!!!

Jan (and the rather horrified Miss Tambolina)

shockshockshockshockshockshockshockshock
[notify]

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 35)  
1  2  3  4