GO!

Cat Playroom At Shelter

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

Lincoln

Purred: Mon Nov 19, '07 2:37pm PST 
Hello,

Some day in the future I hope to turn a room in my house into a playroom for my cats. I was searching the internet for ideas and I came across a picture of a playroom at a shelter that I think is AMAZING! If you go to the link below you will see an article on catchannel dot com that is all about a new cat playroom opening up at a shelter in Tennessee.

http://www.catchannel.com/News/cats-set-to-play-in-jungle.aspx?c m_sp=InternalClicks-_-RelatedArticles-_-news/cats-set-to-play-in-jun gle

I will probably try and email the shelter and ask if they can send me some more pictures of the playroom. Has anyone every seen stairs and cubicles like those in the picture before? Does anyone know if a company sells stairs and cubicles like those in the picture for cats to play on? I just think it would be neat to have stairs and cubicles like those in the picture attached to a wall for my cats to climb on and play in.

Any comments or more info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ron
[notify]

Tommy

Beloved

Purred: Tue Nov 20, '07 4:08pm PST 
Hey, thanks for posting that. Someday I'd like to turn a room into a playroom sort of thing for my kitties, too! First I need a bigger, better place, though.

What a great thing for a shelter to do - it looks really neat and fun. I hope the shelter can send you the plans, or even if they just send more pictures it would help. I've not seen anything like that for sale anyplace.

Okay, I'm going to try and make the link to your story clickable -- usually when I try, I get it wrong -- but here's the shelter story:

Cat Playroom

Purrs,
Tommy
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Tue Nov 20, '07 4:16pm PST 
Your link worked great Tommy. That is a neat room for sure. I don't know where to get the stuff but I am sure it can be made.

The Humane Society where mom volunteers had 4 colony rooms and each one has a different theme. One is like a 50's diner, one like a livingroom, etc. Each one has multiple shelves on the walls for kitties to sleep on and some even have miniature furniture like cat sized chairs and sofas. It is really cute and the kitties love it.

Good luck in making your room
[notify]

Benny Grunch

Will Meow for- Treats!!!

Purred: Wed Nov 21, '07 9:30am PST 
That looks so cool!!! Meowmy likes to watch HGTV and said the cubes are probably made of MDF, and then someone cut a hole on the side. What a great idea in that the kitties have a place to run around and play, and the people get to watch them and decide to who take home with them.cheercheercheer

Wish we had room at our house for something like that!!!!

Benny Grunch
[notify]

Benny Grunch

Will Meow for- Treats!!!

Purred: Wed Nov 21, '07 9:30am PST 
That looks so cool!!! Meowmy likes to watch HGTV and said the cubes are probably made of MDF, and then someone cut a hole on the side. What a great idea in that the kitties have a place to run around and play, and the people get to watch them and decide to who take home with them.cheercheercheer

Wish we had room at our house for something like that!!!!

Benny Grunch
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Wed Nov 21, '07 1:00pm PST 
The SPCA shelter here has a big cat playroom with lots of cat trees and condos and furniture and big windows and catwalks cheer

Picture of the cat playroom
[notify]

Blade- (2000-2010)

BE RESPONSIBLE,- SPAY AND NEUTER!

Purred: Fri Nov 23, '07 5:43am PST 
That looks pretty cool!
The only similar things I've seen are HERE
[notify]