GO!

Wednesday 4-19 PBS running a show about cats

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Fri Apr 14, '06 8:03pm PST 
The show is called "The Standard of Perfection: Show Cats. " I am no show cat but we love to watch any shows about cats. There are so many shows on TV about dogs (grumble grumble) that its time for some cat equality in the TV world.

Oh, I think it is scheduled to be on PBS at 8:00pm but I would check your local listings.
[notify]

BOO BOO-MAMA- MISSES- YOU10/2/06

ALWAYS IN MY- MAMA'S- HEART-6/7/93-10/- 2/06

Purred: Fri Apr 14, '06 11:11pm PST 
Thanks Diego!!! I'll let my Mama know!!!!

Wet Whisker Kisses!!
Love,
Boo Boo's
[notify]

Squeakers- (Gone Too- Soon)

Furever my love

Purred: Sun Apr 16, '06 6:52pm PST 
I don't watch TV much, but Mommy does, so I'll tell her. Thanks!
[notify]

Jacques

Fiend #2.

Purred: Wed Apr 19, '06 7:40am PST 
This should be a fun program, and introduce a lot of humans to cat shows:

This episode revolves around the owners, animals and judges at the Cat
Fanciers' Association International Cat Show, one of the world's foremost
feline competitive events. It can be a nerve-racking time for the exhibitors
as they watch their prized pets proceed to the next round or face
elimination from competition. The program shows the training, pampering,
bathing, grooming and fussing that go into preparing a "campaign cat" for
the biggest event on the cat calendar. Pride, jubilation, dirty tricks,
tears and despair are all part of the game.

--Tonkinese Breed Club messageboard
[notify]

Twix

T.A.-AAFE

Purred: Wed Apr 19, '06 11:06am PST 
Thanks Diego , I'm so excited to see it tonight
[notify]

Squeakers- (Gone Too- Soon)

Furever my love

Purred: Wed Apr 19, '06 6:37pm PST 
Just saw it. Mommy thought it was interesting, especially the tomcat who wore a "diaper"!
[notify]

Jacques

Fiend #2.

Purred: Thu Apr 20, '06 6:07pm PST 
Any cat else see this? We missed it, of course, but were interested. If no cat has seen a show, we wondered what you thought...
[notify]

Twix

T.A.-AAFE

Purred: Thu Apr 20, '06 9:04pm PST 
I miss it too , can any one please tell me if it was good,
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Thu Apr 20, '06 9:43pm PST 
We had to record it and now mom is going on vacation for a week so we can't watch it until she gets back. I am pretty sure it will repeat since PBS typically does that. Maybe look for the show at the PBS website and look for additional airings.
[notify]

☆Zoril- la☆

When in- Doubt...PURR!

Purred: Fri Apr 21, '06 3:53pm PST 
We saw the second half and it was GREAT! Hopefully it comes on again so we can see it from the start.
It was really interesting to see all the different breeds and observe how cats reacted to judges and the audience(one scared kitty hissed and went running off!)
We didn't fully understand the judging, some of the cats seemed to get a lot of ribbons. Maybe this was explained in the first half that we missed?
One judge brought up an interesting controversy. While a cat show is an athletic event, many of the cat owners treat it more like a beauty pagent. We haven't seen enough to have an opinion.
The overall winner. I won't give it away for Diego's family, but WOW, what a cat.

Are there any show cats on Catster?

Edited by author Sat Apr 22, '06 8:23am PST

[notify]