GO!

Why Cats Paint (the Book)

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Rockee Jones

Bringing Sexy- Back!

Purred: Mon Apr 10, '06 8:59pm PST 
Has anycat's person read the book "Why Cats Paint"? Our mom is reading it right now & finds it so fascinating. She's convinced we should all try to paint! (7 cats + paint = BIG MESS)

Just curious if anyone else out there had read it & what they thought of it!
[notify]

Sydney

Tri colored- kitty

Purred: Mon Apr 10, '06 9:21pm PST 
If I could paint I would paint you my handsome Rockee Jones. *giggles* ♥
[notify]

Selket

Fiend #1.

Purred: Mon Apr 10, '06 9:28pm PST 
Oooh!! good for you! We have had it for years, and it is so much fun. Looks just like how the cat mother paints!
[notify]

Jacques

Fiend #2.

Purred: Mon Apr 10, '06 9:33pm PST 
When we get the right situation, we are going to paint!! In the meantime, you can look at my page, and see what I do with string, which is not as messy...
[notify]

Rockee Jones

Bringing Sexy- Back!

Purred: Tue Apr 11, '06 4:58pm PST 
Sydney, you are so sweet! You're my artistic inspiration! *winks*

Mom bought us some brightly colored magnets today & put them low on the fridge, she thought maybe one of us would like to move them around or group them by color.

So far all that's happened is my little brothers, Beanie & Buckie, keep taking them off the fridge & losing them underneath the stove. *rolls eyes*
[notify]

Sydney (Rest In Peace)

Maneki Neko

Purred: Tue Apr 11, '06 7:59pm PST 
Mom has always wanted to try this with us but we have never been in the right situation to try.
[notify]

Jacques

Fiend #2.

Purred: Tue Apr 11, '06 8:55pm PST 
Hee hee, Rockee...our cat mother did the same thing! She got kids' alphabet magnet letters for us and spent forever searching for them. I guess color arrangement isn't our strong talent!
[notify]

Sydney

Tri colored- kitty

Purred: Tue Apr 11, '06 11:42pm PST 
OMG!! Soooo funny you mentioned the magnets. Warm did this quite some time ago, but didnt have much more luck than your mom.

♥ you Rockee Jones! *winks*
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Wed Apr 12, '06 9:26am PST 
We love that book. Our Humane Society had a benefit last year and let the kitties their create their own art and then had an auction. The posted instructions and a recipe (it includes tuna juice!) on the web site. Here is the link if any of you artistic kitties want to give it a try:

http://www.oregonhumane.org/events/album/Pawspective-CatArt. htm
[notify]

KILA IS AN- ANGEL KITTY- NOW

THE LAP IS MINE,- ALL MINE!

Purred: Wed Apr 12, '06 5:21pm PST 
We love that book! Mom hasn't let us paint anything so I don't see why she thinks it's so cool when the cats in the book paint things - we'd do a much better job, I'm sure!

You should also look for a book called "Dancing With Cats" published by Chronicle Books, written by Burton Silver and Heather Busch. Wonderful photos of cats dancing with their people- it's so much fun.

Hope you get to paint something soon - put a picture of your artwork on your Catster site for all of us to enjoy.

Purrrrrs, Kila, Jackson and Oliver
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2