GO!

The Collar Question?

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 36)  
1  2  3  4  
Isabel

Drama Princess

Purred: Fri Jun 30, '06 2:02pm PST 
I am a strictly indoors cat, and am even afraid to venture over to the door when its open and the screen door is in place. Outside is scary! But my owners still have me wear a collar with ID tags 24/7. Its a cute spiked collar- the spikes are rounded though, so that they cannot hurt me. Sometimes I manage to get it off, but I never get hurt.
[notify]

Billi Bi- Humphrey

"Got chicken!?"

Purred: Fri Jun 30, '06 11:50pm PST 
When Mamie and Jack and mommy lived in a safe suburb, they were allowed to go out and they loved it. And here's how mommy did it: collars off meant we're inside and collars on meant we're outside. The collars hung on a little hook by the front door. It worked beautifully.
[notify]

Lilibet- Squeekietoy- Humphrey

I am the Tiny- Girl!

Purred: Fri Jun 30, '06 11:51pm PST 
Yeah, Mamie would stand patiently as mommy put on her collar. She was so good.
[notify]

Mr. Echo

Littelschitt

Purred: Sat Jul 1, '06 9:35am PST 
I've worn a collar since I got to my forever home and it doesn't bother me at all. Mommy had to poke extra holes in it so it would fit. It's blue suede with some rhinestone bling, and a piece of elastic to help me break away if I get snagged.

The vet says I'm still too little for the microchip; says the harpoon she uses to put it in me is too big and would hurt my sensitive kitten skin so I need to be a little older yet. So I have a tag with my name and contact information just in case I do get out. I also have a little gold bell so everyone knows where I'm at when they're opening doors to the outside or when Daddy is in his recliner chair and is afraid of squishing me. Mostly I think the bell is so I can't sneak up on the old cat.

Mommy says when I'm older and bigger she'll put a harness and a leash on me for a trip to the backyard.
[notify]

Donny the Astro-Kitty

My heart is- broke.

Purred: Sat Jul 1, '06 9:51am PST 
When we were kittens, as soon as we were big enough, mommy made us wear the collars indoors. She said we needed to learn as little kittens that it's okay to wear collars (and not fight her when she puts them on us). Also, she found it handy b/c our collars have little bells, so she knows where we are most of the time.

Nowadays, we are 10 months old and quite a bit bigger (8-10 lbs, compared to 2.5 lbs at 3 mths). She makes us wear our collar throughout the day mainly so that we can go outside with our big sis Casey (b/c we never ask, we just run out). Casey only wears her collar when she asks to go outside.
[notify]

Kirby

Eat, eat, eat!

Purred: Sat Jul 1, '06 4:48pm PST 
Kirby wears a safety collar 24-7 now. It gives way and comes off if it catches on anything including my hand. I can't hold her with it 'cuz it pops open. I'll have to find another way to hold her and clip her claws.
[notify]

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 36)  
1  2  3  4