GO!

Homeward Bound--Again and Again!

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Squeakers- (Gone Too- Soon)

Furever my love

Purred: Tue Mar 14, '06 6:14pm PST 
Mommy was watching bits and pieces of that Homeward Bound movie again!
I hate to say it, but I actually am starting to like that movie. I'm even starting to like those two dogs that go across country with that pretty kitty Sassy.
Mommy loves that scene where they are lost in the mountains, and they find a little girl sitting, crying because she's lost, and the older dog, Shadow, comes up to her. The little girl is scared of the dog at first, because there are so many wild animals in the mountains (California), but the dog assures her that he's a "good dog" and the little girl hugs him and cries.
Mommy also loves it when the pets are reunited with their family. Secretly, I like it too, until she hugs the stuffing out of me and makes me promise never to leave home alone.
[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love- to Mom and- Toulouse

Purred: Thu Mar 16, '06 6:56pm PST 
Squeakers,

You and your mom need to see the original The Incredible Journey. The animals don't talk, it's narrated instead. The young dog is a yellow Lab named Luow (sp?). The old dog is a bull terrier named Bodger (although the dog playing the part is a girl), and a Siamese cat named Tao is the star. Tao does some great acting in this movie, especially the scene where she protects old Bodger from a grizzly bear! This movie is serious with no laughs (which I think is right, since there's nothing funny about pets on their own in the wilderness). This picture was made either in the late 50's or early 60's and its ending is just as tear-jerking as your Homeward Bound.

Sassy-Missin- g 02/08/06

Pretty things- come with- Thorns.

Purred: Sat Mar 25, '06 1:45pm PST 
My human loves homeward bound aswell as the incrediable journey though she says she likes homeward bound more hints my name hehe but she asks have you seen number two she thinks deliliah the dog on there is rearly pretty I haven't seen it set maybe when she finds her video we can watch it and I can try and attack and defend anything nasty that comes along.
[notify]

Furever my love

Purred: Sun Mar 26, '06 5:50pm PST 
We haven't seen the sequel, but we're dying to. Hopefully both of them will come out on DVD, if they already aren't, we're not sure. I wouldn't mind seeing the original either, but I like the remake better because you can hear what the dogs and cats are thinking!
[notify]

♥Willi- e♥

Boycott Iams!

Purred: Mon Mar 27, '06 11:08am PST 
Hhhhmmmmmm, I think I've seen it, it sounds fromiliar. I don't know if we are refering to the same movie though. Does it have a cat (I think the cats name starts with an S)??? Is one of the dogs a Golden Retreiver? Are we refering to the same movie?
[notify]

Furever my love

Purred: Mon Mar 27, '06 8:26pm PST 
Yep, you've got the right one. The cat is a Himalayan, and her name is Sassy, there's a older golden retreiver named Shadow, and there's an (ugly!) mutt puppy named Chance, because he got his "second chance", he was rescued from a shelter. He was obnoxious.
Now, in the first movie from the 60's they all had different names. I lthink the cat's name was Tao.
[notify]

Milo

Purred: Tue Mar 28, '06 1:53am PST 
Mom's seen both Homeward Bound's (Along with "The Incredible Journey".). She bursts out in tears everytime she sees that cat go down the river.. it's so sad! The first time she saw it, she was bawling because she thought the cat would drown.
[notify]

Furever my love

Purred: Wed Mar 29, '06 6:15pm PST 
Yeah. Mommy didn't really cry. . . really. She just squeezes the stuffing out of me! Grandma watched it too, Mommy's getting everybody to watch it, her next project is to get her Grandma and aunt to see it, and Grandma was worried if Shadow would make it home in the end after he fell under the railroad tracks. Mommy's friend Jen bawled her head off at the end!
[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love- to Mom and- Toulouse

Purred: Wed Mar 29, '06 9:16pm PST 
In the (original) Incredible Journey the young dog is a yellow Lab named Luow (sp?), the old dog is a bull terrier named Bodger and the cat is a Siamese named Tao.

Lucy

Professor Meow- Meow

Purred: Thu Mar 30, '06 7:47pm PST 
Hey Athena,

The orginial was amazing! I watched the remake thing when I was smaller, and laughed cause by aunt's dog was called Chance. An amazing dog.

I also used to watch was I think was called Milo and Otis when I was small, but none of my friends remember that (so much for Canadian tele, I had an american dish haha).
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2