GO!

Ideas Please

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Harry- ~*Angel*~

Come home Abby

Purred: Tue Jan 31, '06 6:08am PST 
Hi Everykitty,

We moved into a mobile home a few months ago & Mommy is talking about re-doing the kitty/storage room this spring. It is a fairly small room & right now it is er, messy. She wants to rip up the carpet (should be fun to watch *snicker*), paint the walls and install shelves all around. I must mention the room was to originally be Mommy’s craft room but she realizes it won’t happen.

In the process she is going to put our litter boxes in the closets (there are no doors on them now). In one of the closets she wants to install a kitty shelf that is carpeted where we can sit. On the mail wall with the shelving on the floor she wants to put a kitty house. And she wants to install sort of stair steps on the way up to the top shelf that will be left empty for us to climb to.

But, she wants to know it anyone has any inexpensive ideas for doing this. Mommy is on a tight budget. She will take any tips or ideas that anykitty has.

Thanks!
Harry
[notify]

Rampage

The Bird- Whisperer

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '06 12:39am PST 
Ask your mommy to can try craigslist.org or freecycle.org for free carpet remnants or even a free cat tree. She can post a wanted ad or look at their free ads. Also she can go to garage sales and see if she can find a used cat tree. My mama found one on a garage sale. It was a highschool kid's project. It wasn't carpeted so my mama spend the whole day carpeting it. I ended up having a 6 foot cat tree that usually cost hundreds for free.
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Tue Jan 31, '06 12:13pm PST 
Hi Harry,

Wow! It sounds like you are in for one neat playroom. My mom can't do anything handy so we don't have any advice on how to put it together but we liked your ideas. Good luck!
[notify]

Harry- ~*Angel*~

Come home Abby

Purred: Tue Jan 31, '06 2:56pm PST 
MOL we will have to wait & see Diego what the room turns out like. This is sort of Mommy's "trial & error" room before she works on the other rooms. But, she has some ideas at least on how to make it fun for us.

Harry
[notify]

Simba

"Here comes- trouble!"

Purred: Tue Jan 31, '06 5:05pm PST 
Hello Harry! WOW! Your mommy must really love you! Her ideas sounds Puuuurrfict! To keep the coast down on "renevating" Look and see what you already have, stuff thats been put away that you didn't thin you would ever use. Another idea is to go to a consignment store. They usually have furnature, carpeting, rugs ect. You could also ask relatives if they are looking to get rid of any items that you are looking for. Just tell them you would gladly take it off their hands! wink Well good luck! Hope I could be some helpto you!
- Simba
[notify]

Harry- ~*Angel*~

Come home Abby

Purred: Tue Jan 31, '06 6:11pm PST 
Hi Simba -- Mommy is going to try to recycle and reuse what she can. I know she is thinking about making a fabric tent-like cover for an old small plastic table she has and making a kitty house out of it. She had not thought about checking thrift stores for the carpet pieces. I know Mommy adores us & just wants us to be happy.

Harry
[notify]

Lucy

Professor Meow- Meow

Purred: Sun Feb 12, '06 4:06pm PST 
Hi Harry
I dunno if this will help- but my human's dad is a carpentor, and if you knew one, they tend to have bits of everything lying around. She got wood, carpet and other bits off him to build some amusing things for me. People in renovation usually end up with bits of everything. If you don't know anyone in this field, ask your family and friends... If you were close i'd get you some, but everyone on this site seems to be an American... And I'm not! party
Good luck on your materials search- your a lucky kitty to have such a devoted human!
[notify]

Inky

Fun is what it's- all about

Purred: Mon Feb 13, '06 12:48pm PST 
Sounds really neat Harry. Maybe you can show a pic of it on your site when its all finished!! Have fun!!
[notify]

Arthur (Miss- You!- '93-'09)

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Mon Feb 13, '06 9:10pm PST 
You could get some relatively inexpensive lightweight shelving, stack some milk crates for steps, and cover everything with carpet remnants. smile

I know I'd love it!

Harry- ~*Angel*~

Come home Abby

Purred: Tue Feb 14, '06 10:33am PST 
Hi ~~

Mommy is going to get some paint samples from the store tonight for the room. It will take Mommy a couple months to get it all done as she is doing it herself. Which is ok with here. The only part that really intimidates her is taking the old carpet out and putting in vinyl tile. She found the little plastic table about 2' all around and wants to make a cover for it to make it a kitty house. And in one of the closets she is going to make fake fur a mat to velcor to the shelves for us to lounge about on. She will share pics when it is all done. Thanks for the input.

Meows
Harry & Co.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2