GO!

Losing hair around the mouth and sore looking patch - advice please?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Mila 'The- Diva' Purz

Though she be- but little, she- is fierce.

Purred: Sun May 24, '15 12:48pm PST 
thank you guys, you've all been so helpful! I will see what my vet says Tuesday and discuss her dietary requirements whilst I'm there.

thank you again flowers
[notify]

Chloe (1996 - 2012)

Raw Kills

Purred: Mon May 25, '15 11:36am PST 
If it is feline acne, you will need to wash the spots with warm water and antibacterial soap (I recommend the cat burrito wrap in order to get this done).

Chloe's Mom
Licensed Veterinary Technician
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Tue May 26, '15 3:14pm PST 
I thought of feline acne as well. In that case, BK already gave good advice about using glass or stainless steel dishes instead of plastic.

Did she see the vet yet? How did it go? hug

Beepers - Our Handsome- Angel

Father of- champions!

Purred: Tue May 26, '15 8:28pm PST 
I came to check for a report on the vet visit, too. I hope Mila wasn't too stressed about going to the vet!
[notify]

Mila 'The- Diva' Purz

Purred: Wed May 27, '15 2:11am PST 
Hi Casters!

So I took over the laptop cause its my moms birthday and shes busy doing birthday stuff, but just to give you all an update, my mom was really mean and tricked me into my carrier which I really didn't like, but I got my own back by making her feel really guilty about it!

The ride over was stressful for mom cause I kept crying out but actually I was fine and once we got to our destination I decided to take a nap until I was needed. So they poked and prodded me and the vet lady actually was really nice and quite gentle with me, she gave me some anti-inflammatory liquid for the skin thing and also some eye drops for a slightly weepy eye, she didn't seem overly concerned. Within the hour I was back home and curled up on the sofa! And I got some nummy treats from mom afterwards, I have new toys and 2 activity centres being delivered today and just 24 hours later Im already looking a bit better! Life is good! Well for me anyways, my mom is still looking for an easy way to administer my eyedrops! hehehehe.....can't make it easy for those pesky humans! kittywave
[notify]

Beepers - Our Handsome- Angel

Father of- champions!

Purred: Wed May 27, '15 1:05pm PST 
Glad to hear it all went pretty well, Mila! way to go
[notify]

Mila 'The- Diva' Purz

Purred: Tue Jun 23, '15 4:43am PST 
Hi Guys,

So its been a while but thought id come back and give you all an update, apoligies it took so long but it seems neither me nor Mila or doing very well with the health issues of late.

So after what initially looked like a positive start to her medications, she soon developed a bad tummy, i called my vet who told em to stop the medications iommediatly and to come pick up some new ones which i did, she completed the full course of these however its the samr thing over again, first she looks to be getting better, the patch scabs over, seemingly starts to heal then a few days later another patch appears swollen and red.

She is on the best food i can afford to give her, She now has a ceramic food bowl and a glass drinks bowl which are both cleaned daily, I bath the effected area every day with a warm salt water rinse and still it persists, this being said, she seems perfectly happy and as adorable as ever, it certainly isnt affecting her mood, shes eats normally, drinks as usual and still plays/snuggles when shes in the mood. To all intents and purposes, sore looking lip aside she seems perfectly content.

Last vet visit the vet advised if the meds did not work they would have to put her under and get a skin sample, Im just not so sure, the last time they put her under for investigations was a very streesfful and traumatic experience for her and as she seems normal in every other aspect i just cant help wondering is this is uneccessary? The severity of the patch has diminished and is looking better than it was, it just keeps returning.

Inbetween trying to look after my own failing health im doing everything i can to try and ensure shes well, im wondering now if prehaps i should try changing her food incase its an allergy before submitting her to an invasive procedure?

thinking
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Wed Jun 24, '15 1:33pm PST 
You can try an elimination diet, the only thing is that it takes about 8 weeks to know if it's working. And novel protein diets can get expensive. Have you considered home cooking or raw? It might be more economical.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2