GO!

Vomiting Often, Otherwise Healthy?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Toast

Watch out for- evil kitty ears!

Purred: Tue Mar 19, '13 9:50am PST 
Hi guys,

So little Toasty has started vomiting yellow bile (looks green if dry). Sometimes it has a little hair in it and sometimes not, but never any food. However, I watch him eat all the time. He's not lethargic and otherwise acting normal (maybe biting a bit more but he is still growing up and it seems to be him trying to play). He does seem to be being a bit more vocal though.

I don't have a lot of money right now, but if something is wrong I don't want to not take him to the Vet. He vomits about 2 times a week I'd say. And he is shedding a lot, so maybe he's eating hair. Is this normal?
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Wed Mar 20, '13 5:51am PST 
My little CH kitty, Callie, was going through the same thing. I tried everything - various diets, Pepcid, slippery elm, etc. Eventually she was vomiting almost daily so I took her to the vet. Nothing showed up in her bloodwork but the vet decided to try her on prednisone on the assumption that it's some form of IBD. The pred has definitely helped - we're down to about once a week. Her shedding is better too. I'm assuming it's something in her small bowel and maybe she wasn't absorbing all her nutrients which caused the shedding. I hate to say it, but I don't know of any other way of diagnosing it than a visit to the vet. At least get a blood panel done so you can eliminate any other possibilities. Good luck!
[notify]

Toast

Watch out for- evil kitty ears!

Purred: Wed Mar 20, '13 11:43am PST 
Thank you very much, I didn't even think of the shedding as a symptom... first winter with his full grown coat and I've never had a cat before. I will call my Vet and see what they can do. Anyone else have this kind of issue?
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Wed Mar 20, '13 12:52pm PST 
sweetie, vomiting yellow bile means something is going on with the liver and this is never normal. I know you don't have the money but I do think some blood work is in order to see what's going on. Please keep us posted okay?
[notify]