GO!

Upper Respiratory Infection

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Cesar

the orange one

Purred: Wed Feb 20, '13 5:35pm PST 
we have been using l-lysine everday for the last 7yrs. cesars eye doctor put him on it to help with his herpes, and was told it was ok for my other kitties, so, i put it in there food every day. you can l-lysine at any vitamin store. we get ours at the vitamin shoppe, we can get it straight powder form. its called carlsons, 100 grams, at the store its $7.99. hope this helps. any questions, feel free to ask.

purrs
[notify]

Tiki

Wonder Tiki

Purred: Thu Feb 21, '13 5:54am PST 
Harlequin: So we never ended up using chicken broth, the whole onion thing scared me haha, and I don’t really cook meat so. That’s really good to know though! I’ll have to keep that in mind.

Laila: Oh my gosh! Laila is too funny!

Cesar: It sounds like L-lysine works for you really well, as I’ve heard with the other kitties.

Update 2/21/2013
Tiki is feeling much better. Her eyes aren’t so swollen anymore, and she’s breathing normally. She’s still a little sneezy, but otherwise improving. After 13 days of being “in quarantine” at our apartment (in the bathroom), the vet gave the “okay” and she was finally let out to roam around with Wally. They got along really well, and she’s out again with him today (being confined in the bathroom only when I’m not able to supervise them.
Her L-lysine product arrived last night, so I was able to give it to her this morning. It’s called “Viralys Oral Gel”, it’s an L-lysine HCI Nutritional Supplement for conditions responsive to lysine. So hopefully this will help with her remaining symptoms. Thank you all so much for your wonderful advice
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2