GO!

Persistant and worrisome stool problems

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 21)  
1  2  3  
Cleo

Queen of the- Nile

Purred: Wed Mar 13, '13 7:11am PST 
Hey guys, I'm sorry I have been inactive for a while but we finally figured out what it is.

Here's an update:

We sent out an expensive fecal test to a lab that tests for everything. I just got the call from the vet with the results. As it turns out, Cleo has an overgrowth of clostridium and, very unfortunately, she contracted feline coronavirus. We are unsure of if it has mutated to FIP (which is always fatal) as I won't have time to take her to the vet until next week, but in the meantime the vet prescribed some sort of foul tasting diarrhea antibiotic capsules.

I am not sure how to proceed with the news of the coronavirus. I'm really scared for Cleo, and I'm terrified that all we can do is "cross our fingers". I'll probably be making a new post at some point once we have a checkup with the vet, but for now I have to thank you guys with all your help. If you have any stories or suggestions about feline coridium or coronavirus, please don't hesitate to post. I'm still all ears!
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 21)  
1  2  3