GO!

vomiting

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Winter

yea im bad

Purred: Mon Nov 19, '12 8:08pm PST 
Winter throws up almost every time he eats lately. He will go eat some food, come to the living room and just throw up. I know i should be asking my vet, and i will do that also but does anyone else have cats who do this, i have known quite a few but no cats i have ever had have done this and i'm worried. frown
[notify]

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Tue Nov 20, '12 11:20am PST 
You definitely need to see your vet. It could be anything from a food allergy, to IBD, among other things - or something as simple as eating too fast. How old is kitty, and what are you feeding? It may be a food issue. I am having a similar issue with Maizy she has possibly IBD or a food sensitivity. Your vet will do blood, urine, fecal checks, and then move to xray or other tests to rule out issues. But you really need to tell your vet.
[notify]

Winter

yea im bad

Purred: Tue Nov 20, '12 1:09pm PST 
What is IBD? He is 3 years old. I am going to let my vet know for sure
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Tue Nov 20, '12 2:19pm PST 
IBD is inflammatory bowel disease and it is NEVER EVER normal for a kitty to throw up this much!!! Please please bring him to the vet before he starts to scar the tissue in his esophagus and digestive tract. Things will only get worse if that happens. Here's my website on IBD: http://www.ibdkitties.net/
[notify]

Winter

yea im bad

Purred: Tue Nov 20, '12 8:03pm PST 
thank you for the site, he is going to the vet, i will call tomorrow thank you guys for the advice kitty
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Wed Nov 21, '12 8:46am PST 
Please keep us posted okay? way to go
[notify]

Winter

yea im bad

Purred: Wed Nov 21, '12 11:19am PST 
I will for sure thanks for your help smile
[notify]

Mortimer

Momma loves my- beautiful eyes

Purred: Fri Nov 23, '12 11:34am PST 
Hi Winter. Since you are so young and there have been no food changes or anything, I would guess it's hairballs. Try using a hairball gel and try a hairball or indoor formula food, or add pumpkin to your food. 90% of vomiting cases in cats are due to hairballs.
[notify]

Amber

Georgian Blue

Purred: Sat Dec 1, '12 9:51am PST 
The food is obviously not agreeing with Winter's stomach. You need to just remove the food bowl completely, for now. Put some ice cubes in his water bowl instead of water, for now. Then, put him on a diet of white rice and chicken for a few days. You can give him a teaspoon of Pepto Bismol for his upset stomach.
[notify]