GO!

I need help with some FIP opinions :(

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Amber

Georgian Blue

Purred: Sat Dec 1, '12 1:31pm PST 
FIP is always fatal. It is caused by FIPV (Feline Infectious Peritonitis Virus), which is a mutation of FECV (Feline Enteric Coronavirus). However, vets have not ruled a clear connection between feline coronavirus and FIP. But, most vets believe that FECV mutates into FIPV. It invades white blood cells. The immune system reacts with an inflammatory response. Like I said before, it is fatal. Only .0002% are affected by FIP. There is a nasal vaccine for FIP, but I will not use it, as it has not proven to be effective. There is currently an experimental immunostimulant being used in Sweden to treat FIP. One female cat treated with the experimental drug survived 26 months after being diagnosed, which is considerably longer than most. You might want to research Feline Coronavirus, too.
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Thu Dec 6, '12 3:06am PST 
how is Lieb? i wonder after him and if he got any better? did you ever get a second opinion or did it turn out to be FIP? frown
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2