GO!

I don't know what it is..help?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sallie

Warning: Will- Attack For Your- Food!

Purred: Tue Nov 6, '12 2:53pm PST 
Has anyone had any problems with fur loss and something that looks like a scab? I just noticed it yesterday. Sallie has lost some fur on her chin and she has this scab there. It's like half is a scab and the other is fur loss. She doesn't scratch it and it doesn't hurt her when i touch it. Should i be worried? She's going to the vet sunday for deworming and first shots. Does anyone have any clue to what it is? I also googled and it came up as acne but it just doesn't sound right.
[notify]

Lacey

Backflips are my- specialty!

Purred: Tue Nov 6, '12 4:03pm PST 
It does sound like acne. Don't use plastic food and water dishes, use stainless steel, glass or ceramic. Plastic harbors bacteria, even after being washed. Also, you can use mild soap and water to wash it and keep the area clean. way to go
[notify]

Sallie

Purred: Wed Nov 7, '12 6:43am PST 
Can it develop so quickly tho? I thought it might of been a ringworm or something but it doesnt look at all like that. Thanks Lacey smile i'll get her new bowls today and see if it helps her
[notify]

Sallie

Purred: Wed Nov 7, '12 6:52am PST 
Can it develop so quickly tho? I thought it might of been a ringworm or something but it doesnt look at all like that. Thanks Lacey smile i'll get her new bowls today and see if it helps her
[notify]

Sallie

Purred: Wed Nov 7, '12 6:54am PST 
Also is the acne supposed to be itchy? Cause thats what i've read and she doesnt itch.
[notify]

Lacey

Purred: Wed Nov 7, '12 8:53am PST 
Yes it can happen quickly. As far as the itching, I'm sure it's different for every kitty. Make sure to wash it well with a mild soap and water, about twice daily. You said you have a vet visit right? So the vet will be able to tell if it's something other than acne. Poor little sweetie.
[notify]

Sallie

Purred: Wed Nov 7, '12 10:25am PST 
I just got her two ceramic bowls, washed em good too. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. She seems fine though. Maybe Pippie bit her? I doubt because i was watching them.
[notify]

Lacey

Purred: Wed Nov 7, '12 12:21pm PST 
Also try to use a mild dish detergent. I use Palmolive clear with no dyes or perfumes. I doubt Pippie bit her in the chin, there would have been blood. This really does sound like acne, I hear about this a lot.
[notify]

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Wed Nov 7, '12 3:17pm PST 
Maizy had one - she was using plastic bowls. The vet scraped it off, and I tossed the bowls. We use either ceramic glass or stainless. She has not had one since
[notify]

Sallie

Purred: Wed Nov 7, '12 4:26pm PST 
Great smile Thanks Lacey and Maizy. Im going to get that brand. Should i get a pair of ceramic bowls for Pippie too then because they like sharing alot
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2