GO!

Neutering

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Ollie

Purred: Tue Nov 6, '12 8:06am PST 
Hi everyone,

Ollie is getting neutered on Thursday. I was wondering if he will be okay to be alone on Friday for about 8 hours (I work) or if I should call in sick to keep an eye on him? I will be with him all Thursday after I pick him up from the vet, so from about 4 p.m. to 8 a.m. Friday morning. Will he just sleep on Friday or should I be around to make sure he doesn't jump around or lick his wounds.
[notify]

Pippie

Ruling The- World, One- Bedroom At A- Time

Purred: Tue Nov 6, '12 2:33pm PST 
You might want to get him an e-collar so you can be sure that he wont lick his area. We just got Pippie neutered 2 weeks ago and he was just dying to get out of his cage and play, i felt bad but it was for his own good. If you have a cage or carrier or just some place cozy to put him in so he doesnt jump then he'll be fine and you wouldn't have to worry so much. So, e-collar and cozy place. He'll be fine smile
[notify]

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Wed Nov 7, '12 3:13pm PST 
Felix had the big snip last Thursday morning. He slept most of Thursday & was a bit wobbly, but on Friday he was fine - maybe a bit quiet. If you can keep him in a room or something rather than the run of the place, it might be better. Just check his rear in the morning for any swelling or anything unusual. This is the 3rd male I have had neutered, and never had any issues with them. cat on moon
[notify]