GO!

gastrointestinal lymphosarcoma

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Elvis

Bad to the bone

Purred: Wed Oct 31, '12 9:30pm PST 
My cat was diagnosed with gastrointestinal lymphoma about 2 weeks ago. he has been taking 10 mg of prednisolone per day and 2 mg of Leukeran every48 hours. He has not responded to Leukeran. in fact, he quit eating on Saturday and I have been force-feeding him A/D twice a day since then.

His vet thinks that he should have responded to the Leukeran and he is starting treatment with Lomustine on Saturday.

Does anyone here know about treating lymphoma in cats? I am not sure what to do anymore. He looks worse every day and he has lost alot of weight. The vet had me stop the Leukeran.
[notify]

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Fri Nov 2, '12 1:56pm PST 
Oh you poor dear. I do not have experience with this, but I know others on here have. I am bumping you to the top. You could also try IBDkitties.net Alex's momma has alot about internal issues on her site, and she mayu be able to help steer you in the right direction. We send you purrs. Don't give up!
[notify]

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Sat Nov 10, '12 3:58pm PST 
I wanted to bump this up - have you checked for a goup on here or yahoo? I know there are some cancer groups here on Catster. I wish you the best.
[notify]