GO!

Itchy, Poopy Cat

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Mya

Purred: Sat Oct 27, '12 5:27am PST 
This cat that I rescued suffered from fleas when I got her. She was treated with Advantage multi and given a Capstar that same day. Now many weeks later, she is still itching. Mainly in the area around her neck, under her chin, and her legs. I have flea combed her and over time was finding some dead fleas, and am now only finding bits of dander, no fleas. I have also tried flea combing around those areas, sometimes successfully, sometimes not as she usually won't let me go there. It worries me that she is still itching so. My other two cats seems to be fine. No itching, though they had flea preventative put on her the day she was brought in. All my cats are indoor cats only.

Could it be her cat food that is the culprit? I have tried feeding her some friskies wet food, but she tends to have runny stools even with the smallest amount. Her dry food is Purina Cat Chow.

I am currently unemployed, so I don't have a lot of money. I am only taking her until the animal rescue organization can get her fixed and then adopted to a perm home.
[notify]

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Fri Nov 2, '12 2:01pm PST 
maybe an allergy to the flea treatment? Is she still itching?
[notify]